Another Highly Trained Cop

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, May 8, 2018.

1. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The professor interviewed has it right - either not trained, trained improperly, and/or entirely unsuited to be a Peace Officer.

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Trained improperly and totally unsuited to be a Peace Officer.

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

NO he was a highly trained law enforcement professional.

Nemo

4. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Was the cashier going to stick up for the guy if the cop hadn't asked if he paid? The cashier should have told the cop to leave for harassing customers.

GlockGary and mog like this.
  5. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

The cashier would have then been party to the "crime"...

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

No badge, crazy guy draws a weapon over a $1 piece of candy and the $8/hr clerk is going to shout/lecture him. Wow, what color is the sky in your world?

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

If he's willing to pull a gun over a $1 item - granted, a crime is a crime - I wonder how low his bar is for pulling the trigger? I think he needs some remedial training.

I wonder what would have happened if a lowly mortal had pulled a gun in this situation?

8. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I think he needs another occupation.

GlockGary likes this.
  9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

He acted properly. You are not highly trained law enforcement professionals. Don't ask questions. Just listen to the pro's and do what they say.

Nemo

MaricopaKid likes this.
  10. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

11. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Imagine if it was a pack of Marboros, that's what $5 now days.

12. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

I cracked up when he cocked the gun. Then I realized it appears he was pocket-carrying, which kind of explains and excuses the gun not being cocked.

13. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Apparently the Chief said a) we're investigating, b) wont tell the name of the officer, c) asserted that the weapon was never pointed at the citizen, and d) has subsequently taken down his tweets and FB posts about this due to the HUGE outcry against what many were calling "lies" and "coverup".

BTW, the citizen says very clearly in reply to the "Chief" that the weapon was indeed pointed at his groin. That also appears to be the case when looking at the video.

14. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

I said nothing about shouting at him. I'm not sure why you chose that word.
    I think the clerk believed the man was an officer after he went on his tirade about the candy and asked the patron to take his money and leave. I don't need a certain amount per hour to defend someone who is being harrassed by the police. I don't want you to insert more words in the escalating fashion you did earlier and so I'll explain what I mean by "defend"
    I mean simply saying "He paid for it" before the officer asked.
    I don't mean jumping the counter and attacking him with a knife.
    I watched to video again to be sure. I'm sure.

15. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The reason that people who do what you suggest get reported in the news is because its so rare.