Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Point of observation vis a vis the Zimmerman case.

Witnesses described Martin as being astride/atop of Zimmerman and a pounding haymakers into his head. Given that Zimmerman was thus described as being prone on his back, any mention of STAND your ground let alone retreat are mooted by the circumstances.

·
69,738 Posts

Resigns citing personal reasons and a need to focus on family

·
69,738 Posts
I think he's still in jail. This is the latest I could find.

And this was the bond hearing article from December with some detail.

·
69,738 Posts
Is denial of bond used as a way to punish sometimes instead of any real fear that the accused will not appear in court, or, as in this case, that he is any real danger to the public?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Do you recall Adam Kokesh or was that question so ironic I missed it?

·
69,738 Posts
I think the statement above that he is still in jail is correct, according to this petition asking for a bond to be granted.

Sign the Petition

·
Just a Man
6,064 Posts
Defense Attorneys Request Immunity Hearing In Marcus Wilson Case

The legal defense team representing Marcus Wilson in a Bulloch County murder case is asking a judge to consider whether or not Wilson should be immune from prosecution because he acted in self defense.

Hearing scheduled for September 22nd, 2021

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,447 Posts
Immunity hearing, based on a fairly new law in O.C.G.A.

The standard of proof here is "preponderance of the evidence." If the evidence is seen as 51% likely the shooting happened as defense lawyers say it did, and 49% likely that his story is B.S., he should win. Case dismissed, no trial scheduled.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,198 Posts
The problem I have is he fired on the move through the back window of the truck. In other words he was chasing them down trying to kill.

·
Cross-drawer
7,281 Posts
Seajay, you've never had some idiot that was mad at you pass you in an attempt to pull in front of you to stop you?

·
Cross-drawer
7,281 Posts
I just saw this CNN article that reports that Wilson is biracial. Has anyone else reported this fact? With this exception, all I have seen is 'black man kills white girl' type reporting.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,198 Posts
Seajay, you've never had some idiot that was mad at you pass you in an attempt to pull in front of you to stop you?
I have been driving for over 53 years. So ya wanna bet?

The major thing that keeps haunting me about this is something must be wrong with his story. There must be some evidence that his story doesn't add up we are not privy to or this would have been settled long ago.

What we do know is the idiots were still inside their vehicle. Even if they did manage to stop him they are at the moment he fired his gun they were not a threat. If they had exited their vehicle and actually approached his then things would have been different. He claims he was shooting under their vehicle in order to stop them. If they stopped him then why would he need to shoot at their vehicle stop them? If someone is shooting at me I may just be trying to out run them so I would be in front and take the shots through my rear window. This is the same thing as shooting a fleeing thief in the back.

Just way too many holes in his story that we do not have the answers to.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,573 Posts
I was under the impression that he was firing while they were still driving and that he did fire more than once. But as you say, there may be a whole lot more to the story. The initial accounts came from the people in the truck (as the shooter was no where to be found).

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,198 Posts
I was under the impression that he was firing while they were still driving and that he did fire more than once. But as you say, there may be a whole lot more to the story. The initial accounts came from the people in the truck (as the shooter was no where to be found).
According to his story they were moving. Also his story is he fired several shots "under their truck" trying to stop them. In short he was chasing them shooting at them. This is by his own admission in his own story. We do not know how much of the other stuff is fact or fiction to support his "self defense" claim. I just don't know how it can be self defense if in your own words you confess to chasing them while shooting at them. You confess to shooting at them inside their moving vehicle from the inside of your moving vehicle. I think it highly unlikely they were still trying to run him off the road after the first shot was fired. (That is if they really were in the first place.) They were trying to get away at that point IMHO. I know I would be...

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,198 Posts
If they were trying to force him to get vaccinated than I could see how SYG could apply
Let's keep the anti vaccine stuff in the 50 other threads and leave them out of other discussions. Since there was no vaccine at the time I seriously doubt that had anything to do with this topic.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Let's keep the anti vaccine stuff in the 50 other threads and leave them out of other discussions. Since there was no vaccine at the time I seriously doubt that had anything to do with this topic.
Anti vaccine? I have all of my FDA approved vaccinations. How do we know what was going on through the shooters mind? Was he being hounded by a hostile group demanding he wear a mask? There are a lot of crazy tyrannical despots running around these days. They even try to tell you what is appropriate to say.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
If his statement was that he was trying to use deadly force without intention of killing his attackers I could see why he's in trouble. Either he was in fear of his life and deadly force was needed to end that threat, in which case shooting an attacker was justified, or he was uncomfortable and inappropriately used deadly force to diffuse a non- deadly situation and accidentally killed a teenage girl. It sounds like he should have shut up until his lawyer arrived.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,198 Posts
Either way you just don't shoot someone in the back of the head through the rear window of a fleeing vehicle to stop them. They were probably more than 21 feet away but that's not in evidence or even in the story. I do agree he shoud have waited for his lawyer to guide him through the police interview. He also should not have left after he killed her. Just too many things to point to a bad shoot.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts