1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[URL=http://onlineathens.com/stories/101207/cops_20071012039.shtml said:
OnlineAthens.com[/URL]]Police say teen test fired pistol
Story updated at 10:26 PM on Thursday, October 11, 2007

Officers arrested a teen at a west Athens apartment complex Wednesday afternoon after he took his father's handgun and fired it outside, Athens-Clarke police said.

The teen was with two friends at The Park on West Broad, 2360 W. Broad St., about 4:30 p.m. when he fired one shot from his father's Ruger 9mm semiautomatic pistol near the picnic area and laundry center, according to police.

The youth led officers to where he had hidden the weapon, according to police, who said the teen was charged as a juvenile with reckless endangerment and possession of a pistol by a person under 18.

The officers also recovered two magazines and 50 bullets the teen took from his father, police said.

Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on 101207
.....yes, this is in the projects.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Since you say it was in the projects...was there any return fire? :lol: :minigun:

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RepeatDefender said:
Since you say it was in the projects...was there any return fire? :lol: :minigun:
Unknow at this time. Nobody saw anything. :rotfl2:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
There are some Section 8 housing relatively close to my house in town and we used to hear gun shots from there at least 2-3 nights a week. Now that they are in the process of closing the place, it has been quieter.

I have always been worried though that one of their stray bullets will end up in a house in my neighbourhood.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We bought in a very small, brand new neighborhood early last year only later to find out the neighborhood beside us has a few section 8s. There is a small strip of woods between us. Another reason for being vigilant on my watch.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
We bought in a very small, brand new neighborhood early last year only later to find out the neighborhood beside us has a few section 8s. There is a small strip of woods between us. Another reason for being vigilant on my watch.
That really blows. :evil:

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
I know what you mean. We moved into a brand new neighborhood and were maybe the fourth or fifth couple to move into their house. While we have lived here the house across the street and the house to our right went section 8. Thankfully, both groups didn't stay around long and now we have decent neighbors in both of those houses, but it was interesting for a while.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
ANOTHER dimwit in Athens? Last time I checked, enrollment was at 29,900 +/-. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts