Another Columbus Dweller showing up

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Hedge, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Hedge

Hedge New Member

Hello, all,

I'm Keith Hedger, living in Columbus, GA, with my wife. I'm a network administrator at the library system (no questions about the blasted sculpture, thanks).

I'm looking forward to talking with y'all.

Keith

2. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Hello and welcome to the site.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

4. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Hey hedge!

welcome to the site!!

5. ber950

ber950 Active Member

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Somebody blew up a sculpture in Columbus? Cool.

7. Hedge

Hedge New Member

Nice to meet everyone.

As for the blasted sculpture, when the library system build the new library, they earmarked some of the money for art. This would have gone unnoticed, except that a particular piece of the art, a sculpture that would have cost about a quarter of a million, got public notice. And the locals basically said not no, but not a chance you can use this money to buy that thing.

Other than being the network administrator at the library, I really am not concerned about the sculpture (although I figured it would be great for rock climbing practice). Unfortunately, I seem to get asked about it. A lot.

So, I tend to give a warning.

Keith

8. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

hey hedge.... nice to see someone else from columbus in here..... that sculpture was ugly anyway...hehehe

where do you shoot? my wife and i go to shooters about every other week or so.....

9. Hedge

Hedge New Member

Glocked,

generally I shoot at Benning Rifle and Pistol club, or out at Hannahatchee State Park (DNR range). Depends on what's going on, time available, and all the rest.

Keith

10. Malum Prohibitum

I used to compete every month down at Fort Benning when they were holding their tactical rifle competitions. I have not been down since they quit allowing long range rifle.

That was expensive, but a lot of fun.

11. Hedge

Hedge New Member

Yeah, the whole DC sniper thing apparently put a real pinch on the long range matches. We're still doing close quarters matches, but the Rifle Pistol club is supposed to be moving to a new range, and no one knows quite when that is going to happen.

On the upside, we have a Glock match on Benning tomorrow (Army Marksmanship Unit is hosting it.

Keith

12. Malum Prohibitum

Hmmmm . . .

Who told you that?

They told me it had something to do with training requirements behind the range -something to do with Iraq.

Do we know each other?

13. Hedge

Hedge New Member

That could be. Explanations change about once a week about what's allowed and what's not. Could well have been training requirements. Plus time to do the matches, and all the rest of the possibles. Just something I'd heard (and probably should have ignored).

I don't know if we know each other or not. Guess we'll figure it out sooner or later.

Keith