Another card to carry

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by mzmtg, Mar 30, 2006.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

2. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Cards

If you do order them, I would like to but a few, especially at .10 each! :lol:

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I Want Some

These are Great. I want some. But I'm not sure that I want to give my name, address, and credit card information to some organization just to buy some of these. Due to marketing / telemarketing, junk mail and spam, not to mention credit fraud concerns, there is a built-in "transaction cost" every time you do business with somebody in a transaction ther than anonymously in cash. Then there's the issue of being added to a "right wing nut job" watch list (or marketing list, for that matter).

For something as trivial as these cards, I think I'll wait until I see some for sale at a gun show. I'll gladly drop a new colorful $10 bill for a stack of them. If anybody wants to bring some to a GFODL meeting sometime, I'll buy a few off of you.

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Re: I Want Some

Cash is most anonymous. However, some credit card companies offer temporary credit card numbers where you can set a limit and expiration date. Takes a couple mintues to set up. Statistics show that identity theft and fraud is far more likely (on the order of 90%, if memory serves) to occur by non-electronic means; most likely it will be someone you know or have had direct contact with (ie. a disgruntled waitress you handed your card to after dinner).

Also, new email addresses are really easy to come by; I have a special email address that I use for all of my ordering needs.

:2cents:

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

The only way to order them is through PayPal. The seller just gets your shipping address, nothing else with the payment...

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I ordered a pack of cards. We'll see how they look...