another bad-guy take down

Discussion in 'In the News' started by pro2am, Jan 21, 2007.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

From 11alive website:

Overnight Home Invasion Turns Deadly

Web Editor: Leigha Baugham
    Last Modified: 1/21/2007 6:31:23 PM

One man is dead following an early Saturday morning home invasion in Hall County.

The incident happened just after 12:00 a.m. Sunday in the 4000 block of Winder Highway.

Police said the suspect tried to break into the home and that's when gunshots were exchanged between him and the home owner.

The suspect was hit several times and died at the scene.

Police said no charges will be filed.

Nice.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This article has more details.

A man found lurking outside a southern Hall County home early Sunday was shot and killed by the homeowner, who authorities said was acting in self-defense.

Shortly after midnight, residents of the home in the 4000 block of Winder Highway heard a loud noise at the back door of their house, said Hall County Sheriff's Maj. Jeff Strickland.

When the homeowner went to check on the noise, a man wearing a ski mask and armed with a small-caliber handgun confronted him just outside the door, Strickland said.

He said the man fired several shots in the direction of the homeowner, who returned fire once, striking the man in the head.

More at the source.
    http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/st ... 1446.shtml

3. Malum Prohibitum

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Headshot For The Win!

5. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

:shock:

That's less than a mile and a half from me, as the crow flies! I was probably still up too......I'm surprised I didn't hear the shots! :shock:

Well, goes to show how important shot placement is! :shoot:

6. Malum Prohibitum

The article says he parked ove a mile away. Maybe he parked in front of your house.

7. kkennett

kkennett New Member

The article says:

Neither Strickland nor Merck could recall a fatal home attack in at least the last six to seven years.

A check of Times' records showed that the most recent may have been in December 2000, when a man was shot and killed by a West Hall homeowner.

"Home invasions when people are home are rare in Hall County," Strickland said.

Perhaps occupied home invasions are so rare in Hall County because the perpetrator ends up dying in all the recent known instances :idea:

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Interesting article. Didn't they at one time call this "yellow journalism"? Instead of simply reporting the facts, an apparently anti-gun media person found a presumably anti-gun lawyer to put a slight spin on the law as it would apply in case of a home invasion.

The lawyer emphasised the homeowners must be in deadly danger to their lives before defending themselves. :bsflag:

If someone breaks into a house,

an occupied house,

especially someone with a gun,

there's little doubt about their intentions or a normal person's response. :shoot:

Yet this reporter seems upset by that perfectly normal (to us anyway) response.

It appears the local district attorney isn't quite as Bradyfied as the reporter:

"The district attorney says it's too early to say if this case will go to a grand jury. He says so far the family has not been charged with a crime." (Emphasis added)

And still, the reporter puts a spin on even that simple statement implying it's just a matter of time before this gun-wielding, blood-thirsty, crazed killer gets his just deserts...

Arrrgh!!! :banghead:

Oh yeah. Almost forgot the reporter. Ya gots ta luv dat name...:

SCHENECTADY, Jan. 22
    By SUBRINA DHAMMI

9. hall911guy

hall911guy New Member

kk, I've lived in Hall County all of my 25 years and these types of crimes are very, very rare. We'll have maybe 1 every 4 or 5 years, although, with the sprawl of Atlanta coming more and more north, these might get more common. I just hope they don't come around my house when I'm home.

10. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I think there is a direct correlation between how many home invaders are shot by the homeowner and put on the 10 o'clock news and the overall rate of home invasions in said juridsiction.

I want to get this man a beer. Or at least pay for an hour of range time. :D

11. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

Offtopic, but funny story:

When I went to the HallCo Detention Center for fingerprinting for the GFL, there was a wanted poster on the window about a guy that is wanted in Hall, Gwinnett, and I think Cobb Counties for armed home invasions.

I agree. My family first moved around here since it was within reach of Atlanta and other places, but it was still nice, quiet, and fairly small. Now buildings are popping up EVERYWHERE, everyone's moving in, and crime has brought itself out from the city to the ever-expanding outskirts....

12. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Mineral Imbalance

In a criminal justice course in college, the professor advanced the theory that criminals are compelled to do what they do because of a chemical balance in their brains. Upon further research, there appears to be some merit to this. Minerals, specifically lead and copper, when injected directly through the cranium from a hand-held dispenser, have a remarkable rate of effectiveness in ending violent, sociopathic behaviors. This masked home invader in Hall County... I believe he's been CURED with just a single treatment! We can expect no more problems from him.

The miracles modern medical science can pull off these days... isn't it something?

13. kkennett

kkennett New Member

:D :D :D

gunsmoker, I about laughed until I cried! Cured in just one treatment with a low-cost pharmaceutical, from a hand-held dispenser that you can buy without a prescription. LOL

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Re: Mineral Imbalance

I believe so strongly in these devices that I have bought two of them myself. I plan to buy more in the future. And god willing, I'll have them on me at all times so I can cure even the most sickly of individuals at a moments notice.

:lol:

15. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

I think i should change my catch phrase from,
    why do i carry , because there is no cure for stupid people. to
    why do i carry, its the ONLY cure for stupid people..