Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what goes on at the annual GCO Convention anyway?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rubbing elbows with like minded people. Meeting folks you've only talked to on line. See cool gun related stuff vendors bring, as well as other vendor's goods. Attend workshops and lectures. Hear well known guest speakers. Enjoy a poker night if you like and have a great dinner with new friends.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went to the first GCO convention. But do to my business, I have not had time to attend any other. But you definitely should check it out. I wish I could.

·
Señor Member
1,465 Posts
We will not miss another one. Ever!
It is a very fun event, and it benefits GCO,
which continually works to benefit us!

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,694 Posts
Great chance to enjoy various work shops on Saturday. Many folks always crowd into the "Meet the Board" break out session. That is always interesting and lively discussions ensue. Other work shops may appeal to you. The silent auction is fun. The regular zombie shoot is a hoot. If you are a Life Member (and why aren't you?!), you get to have a lunch session with the convention guest speaker. And to top it off, the big convention dinner Saturday night, with speeches, awards, and a real auction that benefits GCO. And later, adult beverages until whenever, at the hotel bar. All of this fun, while openly armed, in a hotel that welcomes us.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
The Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel allowing open carry for the GCO Convention? Wow, good on them! :righton:

·
69,784 Posts
The Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel allowing open carry for the GCO Convention? Wow, good on them! :righton:
They are very welcoming an accommodating to GCO and its membership. They have been excellent hosts for years now. They even rescued us on very short notice a few years back when Callaway Gardens decided at the very last minute to impose a No Guns rule on our convention.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,525 Posts
It wouldn't be the same without you, Mark!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I missed the first, haven't missed one since, and will do everything I can not to miss another.

My tickets for this year have already been purchased, and my hotel reservations have been made. Annnd this will be my first year as a Life Member, I'm so looking forward to it.

Buy tickets and make reservations here: http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/convention/

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
As far as what goes on there, I have never been.

I hear its elephants, monkeys, clowns in little cars, clowns just walking around, fancy prancing horses, some donkeys and all kinds of things like that.

But you never know. Like I said, I have never been.

But you hear things, word gets around, people talk, so it could be really great stuff like that.

Nemo

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
As far as what goes on there, I have never been.

I hear its elephants, monkeys, clowns in little cars, clowns just walking around, fancy prancing horses, some donkeys and all kinds of things like that.

But you never know. Like I said, I have never been.

But you hear things, word gets around, people talk, so it could be really great stuff like that.

Nemo
Just think of the added aura that would be talked about for years to come if you showed up! :lol:

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
Well, its about 6-7 hours drive south to get to Hotlanta. And there is that photo of me I put up that crashed this place overnight, after I noted fair warning on it. But then again . . ..

HHMMMM, lemmee do some thinking.

Nemo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts