Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
GPDO Supporter
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I get a gfl, is it legal to conceal on the ankle? Since I dont wear bulky overshirts, thats the only place I would carry as I dont want to open carry.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
It is complely legal as long as it is in a holster. Although I have heard of at least one LEO who thought otherwise.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,250 Posts
Legal Now

Ankle holsters, pocket holsters, etc. are legal now. They have been for about 10 years. Prior to that, the law only provided for carry in a "shoulder or waist belt holster" and not any other form of holster. Some officers haven't got the word yet.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
budder said:
Not knocking ankle carry, since it's sometimes your only option, bu twhy can't you carry IWB? It's a lot faster/easier to get to.
There are times I would use an ankle holster as opposed to IWB. If church carry were legal, I'd put a G27 on my ankle so I could tuck in my shirts and look decent.

Just one example, but that's my $.02.

·
16,485 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
budder said:
Not knocking ankle carry, since it's sometimes your only option, bu twhy can't you carry IWB? It's a lot faster/easier to get to.
There are times I would use an ankle holster as opposed to IWB. If church carry were legal, I'd put a G27 on my ankle so I could tuck in my shirts and look decent.

There are a lot of good, tuckable IWb holsters that don't make it obvious that you're carrying, especially with black clips on a black belt.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
budder said:
wsweeks2 said:
budder said:

There are a lot of good, tuckable IWb holsters that don't make it obvious that you're carrying, especially with black clips on a black belt.
I have the Comp-Tac CTAC which is supposed to be tuckable. It works but if you even half-way attention you can tell. I even have the clips which tuck under your belt. I like it as an option but still would likely only rely on it tucked for concealment if I were wearing maybe a light jacket or something else to break it up some. I wear an ankle sometimes but hate the weight. I feel like I am dragging around a ball and chain. I also find myself limping. LOL.

·
16,485 Posts
Interesting. I only have one tuckable (and it's broken right now- some screws fell off when I went for a walk last night :(), but it's great for concealment. I don't have a CTAC, though. I guess it just doesn't work with your body/gun combo :(

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
budder said:
Interesting. I only have one tuckable (and it's broken right now- some screws fell off when I went for a walk last night :(), but it's great for concealment. I don't have a CTAC, though. I guess it just doesn't work with your body/gun combo :(
I always blame concealment issues on body type. The gun and holster can only do so much. I CC a Glock 30, no extra mags, in the CTAC at 3 o'clock. Conceals great with shirt tail out, even just a tee. However, when I try to tuck the two supports seem to protrude a little and then there is the unsightly clips. They are visible, just most people wouldn't realize what they are.

Concealment as I said is my fault, not the holster. I am 5'6" and being nice, about 160 lbs. Built OK but a little extra around the middle. This makes a huge difference in concealment. I guess fat people are meant to OC. LOL. I might have to start OC soon if I don't lose a few lbs. LOL.

·
16,485 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
budder said:
I always blame concealment issues on body type. The gun and holster can only do so much. I CC a Glock 30, no extra mags, in the CTAC at 3 o'clock. Conceals great with shirt tail out, even just a tee. However, when I try to tuck the two supports seem to protrude a little and then there is the unsightly clips. They are visible, just most people wouldn't realize what they are.

Concealment as I said is my fault, not the holster. I am 5'6" and being nice, about 160 lbs. Built OK but a little extra around the middle. This makes a huge difference in concealment. I guess fat people are meant to OC. LOL. I might have to start OC soon if I don't lose a few lbs. LOL.
I was so excited today when I was able to tighten my belt up a couple of notches! Then I realized that I was carrying OWB since my IWB is out of commission.

·
16,485 Posts
ThetaReactor said:
I'd recommend ankle carry only for a back-up BUG. Even a smartcarry is faster than ankle carry.
Well, I don't know about that. I'd say ankle carry is faster overall, assuming you wear your belt with some semblance of tightness. Otherwise, ankle is wayyyy faster while sitting.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I ankle carry my PM9 all the time. It's about the only way to go when I'm at work. I actually don't wear it when I'm wearing a suit because it prints through the thin fabric. For formal wear I prefer my 5.11 Holster shirt. It all comes down to body type and personal preference,

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Anybody ever ankle open carry? :lol:

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
GAGunOwner said:
I suppose while wearing shorts this is possible.

but retarded
All I can say is :oops: .

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
GAGunOwner said:
I suppose while wearing shorts this is possible.

but retarded
All I can say is :oops: .
If you really have done this, that's bad enough. But, never ever admit to it! :roll: :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts