Anderson SC GSSF Match

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Adam5, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Is anyone going to the Anderson GSSF match Sat? We are going to drive up in the morning , I'll shoot, we'll hang out for a bit, then head home.

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I'm going to watch on Sunday... I have a training session at GPSTC on sat so I can only go on Sunday...

If anyone is going on sunday look me up!

Good Luck Adam 5

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thanks, I need all the luck I can get. Fo rsome reason I can hit 8" paper plates that are stapled to a target at the range at 11 yards, but I can't run the plate rack at a GSSF match without missing a few times.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I just got home from Anderson. I was a little diappointed in the size. It was alot smaller than the matches at Ft Benning or Conyers. I got a decent score though. I shot a total score of 156.26. That's a 100 point improvement over Ft Benning. I even ran the plate rack perfectly. I ran it a little slow at 13.81, 10.85, 8.56, and 10.2 seconds, but I had no misses which add 10 seconds to your time. In fact I had no misses at the entire match!!!

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Congratulations. =D>

6. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

great job. I am going to check it out tomorrow.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Bring your Glock and 100 rounds. You'll want to do it when you see it.

8. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

hmm maybe but somedays I am a good shot and some days I can't hit the east side of a south facing barn

9. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Ok so I had fun but I suck at shooting!

Glock'M was my best stage and first.. time was 53.81 + 45 accuracy = 98.81

5 to Glock was next time was 52.74 + 95 accuracy = 147.74

Glock the plates (which I am renaming the score screwer upper) - time 106.54 + 110 accuracy = 216.54

So all together I shot 463.09 which doesn't mean much to those of you that don't know the scoring system but it basically translates to glockgirl can't shoot worth a darn.

it was quite fun though and I will kick those plates next time. BTW they said they have an IDPA match first sat of every month if anyone is interested.

10. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Hey, glad to hear it went well, wish I could have attended. Just remember that everyone has to start somewhere, im sure you did good for a first timer.

11. maddog

maddog New Member

WTG GG, don't worry you could probably chalk part of it up to first time jitters (I know I would)

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I normally call the plates the same thing. After shooting a 347 at Ft Benning, I improved alot yesterday.

Glock 'M 29.54 + 19
    5 to Glock 37.30 + 27
    Plates 43.42 + 0

You'll improve after another match or two.

13. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

hey anytime I hit paper I am golden! I love the Glock M... those steel poppers are fun!

14. b8fish

b8fish Member

I would suggest the monthly steel match at Griffin Gun Club if you want to improve and have fun - www.griffinsteelmatch.com. It's next Saturday.

Practice for all the skills you need - drawing, aiming, trigger control, indexing. Each string is shot 5 times, so, with the timer, you can compete against yourself to improve your time even if you do not think you are competing aginst the rest of the crowd.

P.S. If you do go, follow the directions on the website because MapQuest, Yahoo, Google etc try to take you over a non-existent bridge on Amelia Rd. when coming from North I-75. We have lost many first-timers that way ...

(Disclaimer: I am the www.GriffinSteelMatch.com webmaster)

15. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

adam 5 they have the results up.... 98th out of 100...

BUT....

I won't last!

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I felt the same way after my 1st match!!!

I just checked. I came in 57th. The next outdoor that I shoot wil probably be Conyers this fall. I'm determined to be in the top 25 by then.