And they wonder why we carry at WalMart...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, Sep 7, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Why I ALWAYS carry and try to be aware of what's around me... :evil:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/app ... 31020/1001

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Didn't the Montogomery police arrest somebody for carrying in Wal-Mart?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Nevermind, it is Andalusia.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

...no kidding. That's why the laws need changing so to as expand where we can carry...and be safer.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Carrying a pistol might not have helped, based on the description of being "ambushed" and shot in the back of the head.

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Usually, I'm not in favor of capital punishment.

There have been mistakes made.

It costs a ton of money as per the Brian Nichols case in Atlanta.

It costs several more tons of money to exhaust the appeals.

By the time all of that has transpired and it's time to actually carry out the sentence, the perpetrator is an old man (almost always a man).

Consequently, life w/o parole is the better and far cheaper alternative.

The nut job who bombed the OK City Federal building honestly thought his death would start "the revolution". How much more vindicative would it have been to just let his sorry ass rot away in a cell while realizing no one gives a crap if he lives or dies. Consequently, he can just wither away until he dies of old age... Alone and forgotten.

But, in this case, I believe I could make an exception!

:twisted:

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

In clear-cut cases (and this just might be one), we should go back to public executions. And I'm not talking about silly effin lethal injections, either.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

With disinfected needles :lol:

9. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I just read this to my wife. She is literally sick to her stomach. She just conceded that she wouldn't give me a hard time about carrying in places like that any longer. She was previously of the mindset, you only need to carry in "bad" places. I carried anyway but just didn't publicize it when I strapped up.

10. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Macktee, I'm with you on this one. I too am not for the death penalty for a lot of reasons. The monetary cost is too high to try, convict, sentence, go through all the appeals and eventually carry out the sentence. The death penalty is skewed in its application against the poor who can not afford adequate representation. And people have been found guilty and sentenced to death only for us to find out later on through the efforts of non-judicial organizations that they were innocent of the crime, so I am quite positive we have killed an innocent man. For all those reasons I think the death penalty should not be used.

I don't have a problem with it morally. Some people deserve killing. So, if we are going to apply the death penalty, I think it should be done so only in cases where the guilt of the criminal is beyond doubt, such as Brian Nichols, Tim McVeigh or these two.