Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,360 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the free market and science one day make it to where a zygote can be spared and made viable, the I don't want to have this in my body argument so I have to kill it argument goes right out the window.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
An unintended consequence is that gestation may be longer; There is a hypothesis that all humans are 'technically' born a bit premature (relative to other mammals and primates) so that the head may fit through the birth canal. Another hypothesis holds that it's because of the human bipedal gate or the energy cost to the mother that would be required to have a longer gestation period.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Do you want "brave new world"? because this is how you get "brave new world".
That's exactly what came to mind. The description at the beginning of the Hatchery tour and the decanting line.

Great book, btw.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
If the free market and science one day make it to where a zygote can be spared and made viable, the I don't want to have this in my body argument so I have to kill it argument goes right out the window.
examine it from a property perspective. don't you have the ability to destroy that which you've created? and, your taking that zygote from its creator against their will would be theft. you do not have that authority.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
People are not property.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
examine it from a property perspective. don't you have the ability to destroy that which you've created? and, your taking that zygote from its creator against their will would be theft. you do not have that authority.
Slavery, owning a human, human's are property.

Nobody ever said do it by force, only willingly

1 - 20 of 29 Posts