Amused When Perceptions Turn Out to be Wrong

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by asbrand, Nov 2, 2016.

1. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

So...today, on the way home from work, I decided to stop by Noonday Baptist Church in Marietta and do my Early Voting. Get it out of the way. I was riding my cruiser, and had all my black leather biker gear on. Let's just say I got some looks in the line.

In the long line, there was this fellah, long grey hair, pulled back in a pony tail, black-rimmed glasses, jeans, nice shoes, and a grey tweed-like jacket. I immediately though "hippie professor douchebag". I figured we'd just be cancelling each other's votes out.

We both finished around the same time, and walked out to the parking lot together. Turns out he was parked right next to my bike. And on the back of his SUV, was a big ole "Georgia Carry" sticker. I've never been so happy to have been completely wrong. :rotfl:

I even commented to him on the sticker, letting him know I appreciated seeing another member.

Dude - if you are on this forum and read this...I do apologize for my assumptions. :)

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Yep, don't ever assume anything about anyone, people who make the assumptions about me that I'm probably a Republican Trump supporting white boy. That would be the farthest thing from the truth.