Amost Unbelievable for Ga

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I almost cannot believe this is happening in Ga. Much more info in both articles at links below.

On second thought I cannot believe this is happening in Ga.

Nemo

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/out...r-to-get-reporter-indicted-for-doing-his-job/

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/newspaper-publisher-indicted-jailed-over-public-re/nrqgq/

2. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

No Georgia isn't corruption free Nemo....it's everywhere.

Seems as though someone has something they do not want revealed?
    Throw them in jail!!

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I wonder if we can assist the reporter in gathering the information by filing our own open records act requests?

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Get 20 people to send in requests basically photocopied from the one sent in by the newspaper.e

Nemo

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Where there's smoke, there's fire. I feel like something fishy went on if a judge is willing to exercise that much abuse of power.

Will she resign or be removed from office? Will she be heavily fined? Will she spend time behind bars?

6. MadisonCountyGa

MadisonCountyGa Member

There are other ways to deal with corrupt officials such as the approach I once took when a (magistrate) judge in Stephens county refused to take action on a woman that came in to my daughters residence, and while she was holding her baby, hit her in the face.

I built a web site, dug up all the dirt I could find on the guy. Found out he had represented that other female in numerous cases prior in his private practice. I also, after some investigation, found that he had not reported campaign donations like he was supposed to for a number of years.

I sent a formal letter to the state voting ethics commission on his campaign finance and published all the dirt I had came up with on him as well as this letter to the editor (Opinions) in the Toccoa Record (his hometown newspaper).

Not long after my crusade had a good head of steam -- he died of a heart attack.

Poetic Justice.

“Those that are not willing to exercise the laws of this state to protect the victims of crime are not worthy of those very same laws to protect themselves.” ... Me

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  7. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with your last sentence.

8. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

9. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I had a really long post prepared for this ... but .. nope. I am not going to do it.

There was a Judge, right here in Georgia, that had a slave living in his home. As in, he owned the person and that person was confined to his home with no personal freedoms. This was not over 100 years ago, it was this century. Then, you had a judge who was woken up in her home by the Cobb County Police, while she passed out drunk, with a minor in her bed.

So ... it does not surprise me.

10. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

A quote from the Judge:

“I don’t react well when my honesty is questioned..”

Yeah, I bet. Sounds like the words of a guilty person to me. At least she chairs the state's Judicial Qualifications Commission.

11. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

My signature block is VERY significant these days......sad......

12. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

13. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Who will guard the guards?
    Apparently the guards in jail will guard the guards' guards.

14. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

Who watches the watchers?

15. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Yes. Unfortunately the judge in question is potentially committing a two-fur - she's a "watcher" since she heads the judicial review committee for GA and she's going after the 4th estate which has traditionally been one of the only checks in place against judicial over-reach. If she is, just for the sake of argument, actually going after the newspaperman as a vendetta than what checks and balances are there when she's supposed to be one of those checks? Going Federal or to the State are the only real options left.

16. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

17. ber950

ber950 Active Member

This is far from over. The indictment means it never really goes away from your record. There will be a lawsuit over this. The judge won't be helped by the dismissal.

18. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

But judge, if you have nothing to hide.......................... :mrgreen:

19. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. Don't bother them with the FACTS.