Ammunition Performance

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by AeroShooter, Jul 30, 2007.

1. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Anyone have a good link on ammunition performance data? Ideally, it would be data derived from actual field performance as opposed to hole in ballistic gel.

Thanks,

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

4. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

pro2am, thanks for the links. I have for the longest time been carrying Federal Hydra-shok rounds in my .45, yet according to this data they are some of the worst rounds for failing to expand when going through cloth. As I doubt the bad guys are going to be naked, I need to rethink my personal defense load.

Thanks again.

5. M249

M249 New Member

That's great!

6. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

I don't get it. :(

(obviously, 0.45 is greater than ?)

I want to thank everyone for their input.

What I am looking for is something akin to this: About a year back, I found a reference that listed ammunition by model/manufacturer and judged their value by performance in the field i.e. how well did they terminate an actual threat. I started using CorBon 135gr JHP in my G23 based on this data. I've since lost the reference & I'm uncomfortable with the loss of traceability in my data & the loss of situational awareness concerning my ammuntion choice.

7. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I've read that Federal HST is a pretty awesome round. You can find it at www.streichers.com

I think one of the links above shows the HST round after impact. I'm at work so I can't check which of them does this.

8. moga

moga New Member

I stoke my EDC with 185gr HST +P which I favor for SD but this is the first time I've seen it in 230gr. Had it been available when I brought home my first handgun it would have been the first choice. I've been buying the same brand/type since as I've gotten comfortable handling the round. May have to make a comparison of the two in the near future though to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks for sharing.

9. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Its geek. *.* = All files or everything.

10. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Right, that's was the only thing that popped into my head.