Ammo review Southern Munitions 9mm 124fmj

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by Adam5, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I tried an ammo brand that I haven’t used before today and thought I would share. The ammo is from Southern Munitions in Woodstock. This is their 9mm 124fmg reman. I bought it for $10.97 per 50 at the last gun show. I do apologize that is in a very unscientific test and I was a little off my game today, especially with my 1911, this was the first time I fired my Sig.

[​IMG]

The test guns were a Sig SP2022, an HK VP9, and a Metro Arms American Classic II 9mm 1911.

[​IMG]

The ammo fired clean, and had zero ammo related malfunctions. There was time that the Sig locked open prematurely, but that was from my thumb being too high and hitting the slide stop. Accuracy was on par with Federal 115fmj and Perfecta 115fmj that also ran today.

The target below was from 10 yards, and the individual targets are the size of my hand. The top left is the Sig, top right the HK, and the lower is the 1911.

[​IMG]

Overall, I was very pleased with it. I would definitely buy it again. A bonus is that it’s a local company.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Good groups for 10 yards.
    A lot of people can't cluster the hits like that even at 7 yds.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I flubbed a little with the 1911. That was late in my shooting session and my arm was getting tired and dropping low.

4. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

that centre group looks to need some tightening up...lookin like ya pokin holes with a pencil at 5 feet...:p