ammo recall

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by Bkite, May 28, 2017.

1. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Barnes Bullets, subsidiary of the Remington Outdoor Company, has issued an urgent recall of certain lots of .300 Weatherby ammunition. Barns has recently become aware that affected lots may have become mixed with cartridges from a different caliber. These affected lots, if loaded and fired, may cause massive damage to your firearm, serious injury, or death. Barnes if offering a full replacement of any affected boxes of ammunition. Please read the recall below to see if your ammo is affected.

3. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Curious as to why you cut and pasted this when the original link is available.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Because your first post was vague and had limited information. After going to the site I realized that since I have no .300 ammo it was not relevant to me and I wanted to save others the trouble.

5. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

You should be commended then for being your fellow man's sheepdog. Thank you.

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Yeah, Bob, I think I've told you before that I'm one of those people that won't click on a link unless YOU take the time and effort to give me a summary of what it says, at least a quick one-sentence summary or other comment from you.
    A link, by itself, isn't very interesting and doesn't seem click-worthy.
    I'm not the only one that feels this way.

7. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I feel no need to accommodate people who want quick easy routes to everything. And my name is not Bob.

8. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

I wonder how many people learn of ammo recalls. I'll bet not many. I think most people buy ammo off the shelf and don't think anything else about it. It's not like a car recall where you get a letter in the mail. I guess it demonstrates an effort on the part of the ammo anufacturer to right the situation though.

9. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I concur sir.

10. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

This.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The vast majority of those get ignored anyway.

12. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Same reply to you as I gave to gunsmoker.

13. AtlPhilip

It's your square peg, pound away.

14. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Ok lazy conformist

15. AtlPhilip

Gift suggestion for anyone shopping for Bob.

[​IMG]

16. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

If you are referring to me, and as you well know, my name is not Bob, . There are some whom I care not to make even the most feeble attempt towards friendship.
    As for posting the posts from me thank you for proving a point that I haven't even brought up.
    You interjected in something just to start such as this exchange.
    Gunsmoker suggested that some sort of burden lies with me to inform him,to his expectations, of the content contained from a certain link.
    He was even presumptuous enough to capitalize YOU. Oh the fear and trembling!
    The topic of the thread is Ammo Recall. It has defender outdoors in the title of the link and it is in the Ammo section. If interest enough is not generated based on all of those cues then it seems to me that some wish to be spoon fed.
    As for you , you are just a little instigator. But that is ok. Everyone has their faults. Obviously, one of the more blatant of my almost innumerable faults is not putting enough information in a start up post that some are dang near offended because they have to point and click.
    Now, I have had others on this forum put me on their "ignore list" after a long communique in which they make long winded proclamations of why they think I am an a hole, am not worth exchanging with, or some such.
    I however, because I think such behavior is reflective of a particular character defect, will not put you on my ignore list until such time has passed to give you sufficient time to respond to this posting if you wish. Thank you for the lively exchange little girl.

17. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

18. AtlPhilip

What I did is agree politely with two other posters who commented that link only posts were of little value.

Bob,

I'm sorry that you are such an angry person. I hope you find something in life that will make you happy. May I suggest a book?

Sincerely,
    Philip

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  19. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Federal .40 recall

Two particular lots of federal champion .40 caliber ammunition are being recalled. The reason is that some 9 mm rounds have been packaged in these boxes along with the .40 caliber.

http://www.ammorecall.com/federalchampion-40-sw-packaging-mix-up/

This isn't new; it dates to 2015. But I've never heard of this before, and nearly all of my ammo is older than that.