Ammo Prices

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by glockgirl, Apr 14, 2007.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Is anyone else noticing a DRAMATIC ammo cost increase...... usually I pay $4.63 per 50 today it was $6.99 per 50.... If 9mm has gone up that much I can't imagine how much ya'll that shoot larger calibers are paying...

2. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

If you read many message boards, and believe them, there is a big scare going on right now for both weapons and ammo. The newly elected dems are scaring the crap out of people (with talk of a new AWB and other weapons bans, registration, fingerprinting, rationing, etc.) and prices are responding to an excessive demand driven by fear. Buying and hording now only furthers the problem....unless you are really paranoid, give it a little time. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get started reloading in a few choice calibers, though...

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

A bigger issue is the volatility of the metals markets. Copper, brass, aluminum, and lead are all at near record highs. The metals markets are so hot that in alot of areas people have been stealing air conditioners and the wires out of hollow light poles for the brass and copper wire, to take to a recycling center. As much as I would love to say that it's the democrats fault, ammo prices have been rising since long before they took the house and senate. 2 years ago, I was paying $8.99 for 100 round value packs of WWB at Wal-Mart. Yesterday I paid $14.63 for the same box.

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

A couple of months ago I posted something about this. I was talking to a gun in the GA Ammo booth at a gun show who told me their prices for everything were goint up. Going up dramatically! Primers, brass, powder, bullets, were all costing them more, so they had to raise prices.

He said it was costing them more to produce cartridges than they sold them for just a few months previously.

And the best part................

It's only gonna gets worser!!!

5. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

yeah i have been looking aroun for a place to stock up i haven't been able to find 1000 rounds in .40 caliber anyone got a good place? i was at bass pro last week and was just browsing hte ammmo section it was $50.00 + for 250rds.... :evil:

6. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

7. b8fish

b8fish New Member

I have used Georgia Arms and Ammo ( http://www.georgia-arms.com/index1.htm) .40 remanufactured ammo - they ship and it arrives in a day or 2 if they have in stock. Their site does talk about pricing changes and to call for latest. They are also at many of the local gun shows.

I currently use Atlanta Arms remanufactured (http://www.atlantaarmsandammo.com/) - but they do not sell at retail - you have to know someone. :) According to the "someone" I know, primers are in short supply at the moment - it was bullets and brass

8. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I noticed it this weekend as I haven't been shooting for a month. Much more $$'s!

I think I need to consolidate calibers... having 10 different ammo requirements makes things more complicated. Next Saturday I'm going to make an adventure outdoors run and compare prices to what I think I could get at the funshow at the farmers market. I'm gonna spend about 300$ next weekend and get myself stocked up for the summer. It's still (crosses fingers) cheap to shoot .22lr. My MkIII will be pulling double-duty.

Or else I'll start rolling my own. I guess I could use another hobby. \:D/

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That's exactly why I bought my MKIII.

10. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

I bought a 10/22 (22 cal rifle) because of the prices. I have about 6K rounds stockpiled of 9mm. I'm probably going to get another 5K before the next increase hits, along with a Mark II/III

I looked in Investors Business Daily and saw Copper prices are on a strong uptrend (not good).

11. peashooter

peashooter New Member

I purchased 2 boxes of WWFMJ 9mm 100 round boxes at walmat for $14.56 per box. Don't know if this is good price or not to go with my G19.

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That's about as good as you're going to do. You can get Remington 115 FMJ for $6.99 per box of 50 at Dicks Sporting Goods, if you buy a 10 box min. The problem is, there isn't one close to Walton County. Mall of GA is probably the closest to you.