Ammo Deals

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's no surprise to most of us that ammo prices are steadily rising. I would like to use this thread to start a list of where good deals an be had for various types of ammo. I will create a list on this posting of caliber, type (JHP, FMJ, JSP etc), price, and where it is.

Please PM me with the info on where you have found a deal recently and I will get this list going and will update it every few days as new information is sent to me. For the sake of keeping this helpful thread as clean as possible, please PM the information to me instead of posting it on the thread. If some of you can send some info to me today, I'll start the list and post it tonight.

I feel that this thread can help all of us get good deals on the ammo that we like to send down range.

Adam

2. kestak

kestak New Member

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thanks for the heads up Kestak.

I would like to get a list running for two reasons:
    1) Alot of the pages like that are outdated. Some of the prices date back to last fall.
    2) It would be nice have a list with some local prices as well as internet prices. I haev been trying to order off the net when the price with shipping is cheaper than local with tax, but it's not always possible. Also, I tend to realize that I'm low on a caliber as I'm on my way to the range and will buy a days worth locally. I would also rather support a local company than a mail order outfit, if the price is competitive.

Adam

4. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

It is a nice idea. Here, in Augusta, the two cheapest place I know for commercial ammo are Sport Academy and Walmart. No other local store beat their price.

Thank you

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

what....did someone say group bulk ammo buy...........

6. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

What number do you suppose we'd have to hit?

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

10K at least I'd imagine.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

If there is a strong enough desire I could do the leg work on this.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The hard part would be agreeing on a caliber..... I wonder of Atlanta Arms would give us a discount for 10K of assorted calibers?

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

True.

So lets just go ahead and say 9mm.

11. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

I was gonna say .223 ....

12. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Guys, we'll be buying 10,000 rounds for our defensive handgun course at Firearmz....that might be a good start!!!

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Maybe piggyback on that for even more savings?....

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'd be open to that as well.

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I just picked up 240 rounds of PMC Bronze 55gr FMJBT for $4.99 per 20, not too bad. I would have picked up another couple of boxes, but I was low on cash and they had 30rd AR mags for $12.99, so I got a 2nd mag for the new toy.

16. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i can't do the class unfortunately but i'd be willing to pick up 500-100 rounds of 9mm if i could get a good group deal. maybe this sort of thing can be done on occasionally with a few popular calibers, there is quite a number of people here that shoot with regularity. i guess distribution would be the only glitch to work out.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'd be in for a group buy, potentially.

7.62x39

18. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'm in for a group buy. We should be able to do it relatively easy on this board... but 10k rounds seems like a lot.

I'm in for

9mm
    7.62x39

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

10K rounds is only 10 people ordering 1K rounds each. Or 5 people wanting 2000...

I want 2000. Or 5000. Hell, I'll take 20! I just need some money first

20. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It was not a limit.