American Psycho

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GAGunOwner, Apr 22, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 686784.ece

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Flawed argument here boys.

What she is indicating is that she believes that people should be able to have guns to hunt with, not in the 2nd Amendment.

Semi-automatic weapons? They have no use other than by the people she mentions above? These are about the most basic pistols you can get people. A basic Glock and a Walther p22 peashooter. Does this woman even know what she is talking about? A basic self-defense pistol and a plinking gun. The basic technology behind them has been around since the late 1800s.

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

So people use and carry semi-autos(Glocks & P22s) because of gangsta rap? That is a new one to me.

4. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

People were armed with swords for most of history but people have had guns for six or seven hundred years give or take. :lol:

As weapons grow more deadly?
    In the grand scheme of things, small arms technology, especially pistols, is advancing at a snails pace. One of the most popular pistols in the world is the 1911. They don't call it that for nothing.

Weapons as "deadly" as the ones Cho used have been widely available in the United States for over a hundred years.

Again, does this woman even know what she is talking about?

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I do not know if she means 19 such senarios in the US or in the world but either way that isn't very many in 10 years.

And yes, undoubtebly, in an open and free society no matter what you do, there will always be terrorists or wack-jobs who will commit such acts again, eventually.

6. Totenkopf

Totenkopf New Member

The writer calls the article "American Psycho", but that's incorrect...should be "Korean Psycho" since he was not American.

7. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Thank You! =D> I am glad someone finally picked up on that