American Precision Arms

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Redbull72, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Redbull72

Redbull72 New Member

I was recently referred to APA by a fellow club shooter at River Bend when it was noticed that a ring was appearing in the shoulder of my brass. The club member who noticed it (using a bore scope, he's a benchrest shooter and carries one with him) suggested I let the folks at APA have a look. It was discovered that the chamber of the barrel on my target rifle had some left over material (from when it was assembled) which was causing the flawing of the brass and shortening it's lifespan (the brass). This could have also resulted in a failure of the brass during firing. The rifle was a custom build and I am it's second owner.

To make a short story shorter, I was very impressed with the professional one on one attention I received at APA. From the time I stepped in the front door I was greeted by friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff. Not a simple "what do you need, here's how much, see you in a month" and back out the door, but more of a "hey, have a seat and lets talk about what's going on with the rifle". Jered and his team are concerned not only with building quality rifles, but great customer relations as well. By the time I left I felt like I was one of the family. Not to exaggerate but I was there for quite a while just talking guns and shooting and a whole lot more. The best part is that my rifle was repaired and returned ahead of schedule and the price quoted was the price I paid.

It was a great experience overall. Now if I can just get the time to shoot it I can report on the quality of the fix.

Bottom line, if you need no nonsense rifle work, a custom build, or any precision shooting products or services, these are the guys. Just up the road in Jefferson GA.

http://www.americanprecisionarms.com/

2. GODEVIL

GODEVIL New Member

I have more than one APA rifle and the quality of the work is second to none! Jered and the crew at APA are good people and know how to build an accurate rifle.

3. EmergencyNrse

EmergencyNrse Member

It's Dave.
    He can turn a broom handle into a sub-MOA shooter.

They don't make rifles... they make works of art.
    I still know them as Patriot Arms but there is no such
    thing as a bad rifle from them.

4. Redbull72

Redbull72 New Member

Finally made it to River Bend late today with the goal of testing the work done at APA and zeroing the new scope. Both goals complete and I am quite happy with both outcomes. The rifle shot sub MOA groups at 100 and 200 yards and hit the x ring at 600, so the hope was that after the repairs, which included removal and reinstallation of the barrel, that it would come back and continue at this level at a minimum. After zeroing the scope, the rifle began to put round after round in or near the same hole, in the center of the target at 100 yards. Either tomorrow or this week I will more out to 200 to develop a second benchmark before moving out further.

The ammo used was Hornady 308 custom that I buy off the rack at BassPro. I usually make my own rounds, however, since the chamber is new I felt it best to start out with proven stock rounds and then I'll begin to build new. The fired brass I retrieved today looked flawless as promised by APA.

Currently I can't say enough about the excellent customer service, the fine precision workmanship, and my overall satisfaction with the completed work. I will continue to be a regular and look forward to having a custom rifle built by the craftsmen at APA in the near future.

Thanks to Jered and the whole crew for restoring a great shooting rifle.