Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,655 Posts
Never heard of them until reading your post and clicking the link. Looks like Dad and 2 sons starting their own PAC.

Then again by posting or joining you agree they can send you email. Might be a bit of an ad recipient sales company.

Nemo

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After digging a bit deeper it seems an organization with the same name was founded in ‘96 with a stated goal of not being as extreme as the more well known groups. In other words not fighting as hard for our rights. There is no indication other than the name(!!) that this is the same group but there is no real substance on their site other than how to pay up.

· Registered
16,211 Posts
Never heard of them until reading your post and clicking the link. Looks like Dad and 2 sons starting their own PAC.

Then again by posting or joining you agree they can send you email. Might be a bit of an ad recipient sales company.

Ah, the infamous Dorr Brothers and/or Dorr Family. They're scam artists that take your money and take credit for other, legitimate, group's work. There's some tie-in between them and the other well known gun rights scammer Dudley Brown of the National Association For Gun Rights:

NAGR's affiliates page lists several affiliates that have/had connections to the Dorrs.

An exposé. You can find a lot more on them.

This American Firearms Association may just be a new incarnation of an old scam. Take the Monty's advice.

Reactions: Match10

· Registered
1 Posts
Hah, thanks for confirming my suspicions. Interesting that I didn't start getting email from them until I renewed this year with GCO and the big well known national association... Thanks again.
Those calling the American Firearms Association and the Dorr Brothers scam artists don't know what they are talking about. Nobody fights harder without compromise than these folks.

· Registered
10,275 Posts
Those calling the American Firearms Association and the Dorr Brothers scam artists don't know what they are talking about. Nobody fights harder without compromise than these folks.
Do you make that statement based on what they told you or what you have observed firsthand?
Specifically, in Georgia, many here have firsthand experience watching GGO kill more gun bills than Bloomberg.

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,655 Posts
I will be very pleased to see that argument.

Nemo

· Registered
7,279 Posts
ooh my! That’s a laugh! They do nothing that is not but to line their pockets at gun owners’ expense.

· Registered
7,279 Posts
The Dorr brothers are active in a whole bunch of states, in multiple facets, being gun control and Trump won. They are “send us all your money (in shrill tones), so we can save you from this horrible thing” groups. Then they do nothing but shout from the distance and bully people. We have a lot of experience here in Georgia with these scam artists

Reactions: moe mensale

· Registered
16,211 Posts
I don't think davidcbeall wants to continue the discussion. Nice avatar though.

· Registered
7,279 Posts
Yes, I would reply that he’s probably a troll and then avid supporter of the grifters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts