American Classic 1911

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by radio-medic, Dec 25, 2010.

1. radio-medic

radio-medic Member

Just picked up a new toy to replace the XD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

Good looking 1911. I can't tell from the picture, is it a government or commander length?

3. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

I have a commander I got from another member. Love it. It came with a bunch of Wilson Stainless parts from end to end.
    He wanted a 5", I wanted a 4" for CC. Big win for us both. I had worked on the Taurus PT1911 to where it would eat anything put in it, after the trade he tested it. Yup, it's a pig, it eats everything and dispenses then very accurately. :righton:

This 4" eats pretty well too, I need to do a little buffing here and there to make her truly 'piggish' and I enjoy the work.

[​IMG]

The idea that you must own a Kimber or a Colt to have a quality accurate 1911 is pure bull. You can build one from parts and it be just as good or better that one factory made. Start with a Caspian frame and slide and go from there.

4. radio-medic

radio-medic Member

Commander sorry forgot to post, taking it for a range test in the morning will give a full report

5. MesaCranker

MesaCranker Active Member

I wish I still had my Commander length 1911. That's a beauty of a sidearm :righton:

6. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

I had one exactly like this, and loved it. I might get the full size American Classic next even.