AMC channel Walking Dead series...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Hock25, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Groundhound

Groundhound Active Member

I've not read the comics either, so I don't know which plot lines adhere to them or not, but it comes as no surprise that showbiz creators will add PC "features" to any story.

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Many writers have agendas.

3. Bkite

Bkite Olivia's PawPaw

100% rhetorical..right?

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

A matriarchal society with a third of the population homosexual, all the bad people are white (in two states with very high black crime rates), men who survive this long are nevertheless mostly weak compared to the female warrior princesses, and so on . . .

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

This is why I just completely stopped watching the show.

There is only so much cultural Marxism that I can have shoved down my throat before I just don't have any desire to waste my time on it

6. diamondback

diamondback Member

Yeah. Just like shows like survivor. I think like 3% of the population is gay yet they always have a token gay guy or girl. One season they had a gay and lesbian and one season they had a transgender.

Very much

Georgia and what is the other one? Virginia?

There is not a lot on TV. I still watch it. Plus it gives people reason why we need guns SHTF.

7. Wheedle

Wheedle Member

What kind of janky fake gun was Jadis holding?

8. Aleksfoxtrot

Aleksfoxtrot Active Member

Guns apparently have limitless supplies of ammunition woth NEVER needing a reload. Last week's was probably the worst ever. Far as realistic firearms function. This week was still pretty bad. They are firing full auto and the BCG isn't even moving or ejecting spent cartridges. I mean amature YouTube users do a better job editing.
    And the there's all the tactical mistakes of idiots just standing out in the open because they believe they've won. Even if you have won, what's exactly how you lose. Haha.
    The show is on its way out for me. I'll still watch it. But I find myself skipping half the show.

Schweisshund likes this.
  9. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

The thing that kills me since this season started back up is that there's more time spent on commercials than show.

noslofivoh likes this.
  10. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Active Member

I noticed the missing brass too

11. Glockenator

Glockenator heathen infidel savage

Except for one fairly good and one definitely good episode, season 7 sucked, comparatively. I'm not looking very much forward to season 8 when it comes out on Netflix, but I would at least like to finish the series.

12. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Active Member

Carol: We've got to keep moving! I'm running out of ammo! (Proceeds to shoot a single Walker 3 feet away with full auto).

Aleksfoxtrot likes this.
  13. a_springfield

a_springfield Active Member

Carol was not even pulling the trigger when she was behind that ranger.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  14. Wheedle

Wheedle Member

It's getting pretty terrible, gun realism wise... I'm about over it.

15. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Active Member

And yet .... I smile.

MesaCranker likes this.
  16. tholt4

tholt4 Member

I mostly let my DVR record and begin watching after about 20-25 minutes into an hour long show so I can ff through the commercials. I once timed BIG BANG THEORY and there were 21 minutes of show with the rest being commercials.

17. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

An hour long show is 42 min. Half hour is 21 min. Start watching TWD at 9:18 and you will miss all commercials.

Also, if you are watching a crime drama they will arrest a person at 30 minutes into the hour. That person is not guilty. Give or take a minute for commercials the guilty party will be on screen at 42 minutes past the hour.

MesaCranker likes this.
  18. zetor

zetor Active Member

Breaking Bad ruined TV for me. Having watched it, nothing has come close. I started watching Ozark on netflix and it is fair.

Ken1961 likes this.
  19. diamondback

diamondback Member

still should have whacked negan when they had the chance. Go for the toughest guy first and the others back off

20. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Any one of the 37 chances they had....