Amazon Moving Near DC

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I wonder why? Tucker has an idea.

Title of the article is not the really telling part.

Nemo

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/...very-good-point-about-long-island-city-amazon

2. rle737ng

rle737ng Member

The better to spread around some of that payola to pols. It's good to be king.

3. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

There was never a "contest". Amazon always knew where it was going to put HQ2 and HQ2A. The fun was seeing cities and states scramble to see how far they would bend over. Amazon got the added bonus that any location "under consideration" would drop all attempts to tax, regulate, or otherwise annoy Amazon.

4. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Ocasio-Cortez is so far left, she has come back right....right to my man-pole. :yum:

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Bezos will get everything he wants from NYC and DC VA and somehow be forgiven for forgetting to uphold his end of the deal. Bezos already has a huge footprint in the DC area. Who owns the Washington Post? What federal secret squirrel agency is in bed with AWS?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Well now, what have we here? I'm no expert on the FOIA laws but doesn't this seem to violate the spirit of the law? Is it even legal? :-k

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018...n-fight-foia-requests-as-part-of-new-hq-deal/

7. Groundhound

Groundhound Active Member

Saw this on Twitter:

"Amazon's new HQ in Arlington will be shaped like a giant lamprey sucking up taxpayer subsidies and physically attaching to lawmakers."