Am I the only one in this forum with an FNP?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by moonchicken, Sep 9, 2007.

1. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I just did a search on the FNP-9 in the forum and came out empty.

Just bought it two weeks ago at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. It is one sweet handgun, and a nice alternative to consider in addition to the glocks, xd's and (please forgive the blasphemy) even the more expensive sigs and HK's.

It came with three 16-round mags, and nite sites, and I love how it shoots. This is the second one in my soon-to-keep-growing collection. 8)

[​IMG]

Edit: added more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tace

tace New Member

It looks good. I have seen quite a few deals on this gun. How many rounds have you put through it so far? How's the reliability? Have you been able to find accesories for it?

I just noticed that the SIG 250s lower looks almost identical to this gun.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I have an FN FS2000. :uzi:

4. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Thats a nice looking little blaster you got there. How's the trigger pull, most FN's I've experianced were darn pretty good shooters.

Chris

5. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I've shot about 550 rounds with it so far. I had a couple of FTF's within the first 200 rds (break-in I guess) but has been functioning perfectly ever since. It is pretty accurate (even in the hands of a noob shooter such as myself) and it's got a sweet DA/SA trigger. I even like the DA trigger on the FN better than the DA trigger on my USP (Don't get me wrong, I worship HK's, but the DA trigger is one thing that the FNP has better than the USP, IMO).

I've been looking for a good IWB holster for it, and I just ordered one from blade-tech a few days ago. I couldn't find many manufacturers who make IWB holsters for the FNP. Even comp-tac doesn't make them. Other than that, more spare mags are on my shopping list. :D

Oh, and now I'm considering night sites for the USP as well. :soon:

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

1) That's one of the guns I've been interested in getting, but didn't want to buy without shooting first. I haven't seen any around town, so I haven't even started looking at prices.

2) Put some Loctite on your blade tech holster after you find out how you like it set. Those screws come apart too damn easy! [-(

7. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

Other places, in addition to Adventure Outdoors, where they have it in stock are Bullseye in Lawrenceville, the other Bullseye in Cumming, and another gunshop (can't remember the name) in Athens.

I may show up soon to one of those meets at Lawrenceville or Charlie Elliott that you guys post on the general events forum, and I'll bring my toys with me. If you're there, I'll let you try it out. :shoot:

8. budder

There's one at the Cumming Bulls Eye? :oops:

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

If I were to buy anything by FN, it'd be a FiveseveN.

That gun and that round are just too damn cool to pass up. And a 20-round capacity with such a hot little round is a good deal.

10. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I don't think they have it for rental, but they have it for sale. It also comes in a two-tone stainless steel finish, which looks cool too. 8)

I think the FiveseveN is a fine piece as well, but the ammo is way too expensive to make frequent range visits.

11. GunNut

GunNut New Member

You might check over at the FN forum if the blade-tech doesn't work out.

http://www.fnforum.net

12. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Five-seveN? Real guns don't need plastic wrap. ;)
    [​IMG]

I'm still waiting on the cocobolo grips on order from Norway :D

13. budder

Eh, I love the HP, too, but the FiveseveN is just a wonderful gun*.

*My opinion may have been tainted by years of Counter-Strike. Take my post with a copburger of salt.

14. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the Five-seven [and it was my only regret when playing Terrorist], but I can't justify the price tags. Maybe after I get a press and I can load my own evil SS190...

15. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

One of my coworkers has one and likes it very much. I haven't had a chance to shoot it though.

16. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

The FNP looks like a nice pistol, but I don't do SA/DA firearms.

Enjoy!

17. tace

tace New Member

For you FN FiveSeven fans out there.

I was at the range where I bought the PPS, which they took back because it broke firing less than 75 rounds. One of the salesppl there was talking to a customer who was asking about the PPS and he told him that they had one and how it broke. Then he mentioned that this was becoming more common with the new guns, cause the FN Fiveseven they just sold had the same exact problem. FN was sending parts to have it fixed.

:) just what I heard.

18. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Join the Darkside.... Snake, join me. :D

I love love mine, and carry it all the time. :shoot:

19. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

Almost a month and 800 rounds later, I have to say that I am loving my FNP. Whenever I get the blade-tech holster delivered (hopefully in about a week or two), she's coming with me for some IDPA fun.
    :shoot:
    The USP will have to sit that one out, though. :cry:

20. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these FNPs. I think they are sexy. The problems I have are 1) money, and 2) I haven't seen one in .45 yet.

I am currently trying to save some money for a breedlove acoustic, then I can start thinking more guns. :wink: