·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screenshot_20181015-155629_Settings.jpg

·
Registered
432 Posts
I doubt it I don’t believe they are that obvious, but you could go out and look if you see a suspicious van go offer them a sandwich and tell to have a happy snoop

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm at work and supposedly Trump is landing here!

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
( . )( . )

·
American
3,230 Posts
That's what my daughter uses for her phone ID. She says its stupid to use something identifiable......

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Yeah - that's just retarded. Everyone knows that the NSA doesn't conduct domestic surveillance - they should change their SSID to "FBI Surveillance Van". That's what I set mine to....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
That's an oldie but goodie.

Be sure to give your iPhone a funny name not your own too. Otherwise, it shows up as "First Name iPhone" when you are tethering.

My favorite SSID is Honeypot
(reference to a system that is setup specifically to observe malicious traffic and thus anyone in the know should never connect).

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My hotspot name is WiFiSucksHere.

·
Registered
754 Posts
When I kived in Acworth, ours was 'LoudMusicCallCops' after my housemate got tired of the frequent 2am mariachi parties next door.

·
Super Moderator
7,115 Posts
My home network is named Witness Protection.

·
Doing the right thing!
16 Posts
Any Gov't agency with a secure connection or hotspot will not broadcast the SSID in the air. You'll need to already know the SSID then enter it in. Looks like someone is having fun assigning that name to their hotspot ...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any Gov't agency with a secure connection or hotspot will not broadcast the SSID in the air. You'll need to already know the SSID then enter it in. Looks like someone is having fun assigning that name to their hotspot ...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Working on a Military installation with Government wifi in the bldgs, the work laptops will only pick up .gov/.mil wifi ssid with a secure connection.

That's how I first discovered the NSA van!

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,672 Posts
I named the one at my house, LogInYourBoxFries. Wife did not approve. No one else ever tried to get it

Nemo

1 - 20 of 30 Posts