Always think about step 2 when you decide to take a swing at someone younger and tougher

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by NTA, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

Sounded like a bunch of hyenas!
    Did you notice no one tried to descalate the situation.

2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

That's a tough one. He had the right to defend himself but maybe took it too far? What was chik filas proposed solution get beaten and kindly ask him to stop hitting you?

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there was enough time to deescalate anything but people did attempt to separate the two combatants.

Here's a full video from the first punch thrown by the instigator.
    https://twitter.com/ABC7News/status/1037786912340238338/video/1

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The Chich Fil A employee was right to beat the old A-hole into submission. But did the employee throw too many punches after the old dude was down and no longer trying to fight back, and was merely trying to block the younger man's incoming punches? Looks like that way to me.

But, on the other hand, consider how fast the old guy got back on his feet and grabbed a chair to use as a deadly weapon. He had had not been beaten into full submission or incapacitation after all!

5. moe mensale

I'd argue that it's difficult to say that first swing by the old guy even made contact. The young guy pulled his head back. Was it from the punch connecting or just a reflex to the swing? I've avoided head punches that way myself. Regardless, the young guy's response is to shove the old guy back into the booths. At that point he's got the advantage and probably could have verbally shut things down and/or applied some judicious use of pressure. But he went full retard instead and probably wouldn't have stopped save for getting pulled off by others.

And he was promptly stopped by others. But watch the OP video closely. At the end the old guy has been de-chaired (?) and making his way out. Where's the young guy? He's off to the left being held back by several people in a complete state of anger. He still wants to get at the old guy. He's completely out of control. I don't know what actually started this whole thing but they both where wrong.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Old? What is all this about old? The dude is only 55. :-D

Watching that video, though, all I could think was, what a bunch of animals.

7. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I hate it when people call me 'sir', its only been going on for five years or so...that's the official old age signal.

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I agree with you MP. I can't imagine the CFA's I'm accustomed to being in people would act like that.

9. moe mensale

Well, we were referring to Michael Drejka as "old" and he was only 47 so....................

Washington, DC.