Allow me to introduce my Bodyguard

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RepeatDefender, Oct 4, 2010.

1. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

S&W Bodyguard .38spl +P
    Stainless barrel, aluminum frame, steel-reinforced polymer chassis.
    Top mounted cylinder release.
    Insight laser, adjustable for elevation and windage, on right side of frame.

I haven't been able to shoot it, yet. But that will change this weekend. I have a 100rd box of WWB .38spl to break her in with.

And, so this thread won't be worthless :D here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Re: Allow me to introduce my new 5-shooter...

Incorrect thread.... :oops:

3. jabara572

jabara572 New Member

That thing is real nice RepeatDefender, its making me wish i had waited on buying my LCR a year ago. I love my little LCR but this looks awesome. How is the trigger on it? If its anywhere as nice as the LCR trigger i might have to trade up....

4. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

glad to see another person with a bodyguard even if it is a different one lol

[​IMG]

5. RepeatDefender

The trigger feels light and smooth, but I've only dry fired it so far. I can't wait to get it out this weekend and see what it's like. I'll post up a range report after.

So far, I'm really liking the feel and the operation, just from the dry firing and fondling of it.

6. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

bodyguards are great! congrats on a flawless weapon.
    [​IMG]

7. RepeatDefender

atlsrt44 and zookeper: Very nice little wheelguns, guys!

I just hope mine proves to be accurate and reliable :righton:

8. RepeatDefender

Ok, took the Bodyguard out to the range on Saturday morning. I didn't have a lot of time, due to some afternoon family commitments.

Anyway, I put 50rds of WWB 130gr FMJ through the gun without a flaw. Of course there was noticeably more recoil to me, being a semi-auto guy up to this point. But, it was not anything a good grip couldn't handle.

I zeroed the laser on the WWB first and after that I loaded up a full cylinder of Speer short barrel 135gr JHP +P. Then re-zeroed for the carry load. POA=POI for me out to 10yds.

I left the range feeling confident about the gun and the laser, with my carry load of choice. Of course, I will be putting in more time with the gun, ASAP. I will update the thread accordingly.

So far, I'm pleased with the Bodyguard and have nothing but nice things to say about it.

9. RepeatDefender

So the Bodyguard 38 came with this nice little pouch that looks like a day planner to me (zippered soft case, about 5"x7" or so). Has two sewn-in loops, one as a holster for the gun, the other just perfect for a folding blade knife.

So this little package, along with a 5rd HKS speedloader, has become a "get home gun" for me. I have ten rounds for sure, plus a knife, in a convenient little case that looks like an everyday item.

I'll post up a pic of the whole setup when I get the time.

Loving the Bodyguard 38 :righton:

10. moga

moga New Member

Nice little package RD. I dig the laser sight too.

Do you plan on carrying the 38 off-body in addition to a EDC, or only on occasions when a regularly carry tool isn't an option?

11. RepeatDefender

Thanks, Moga!

I don't intend to carry if off-body at all. Right now, I am considering adding it to the "Get Home Bag".

12. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

RepeatDefender, That is a sharp looking gun. I think I have my wife talked into letting me buy one for her. I am leaning towards the Bodyguard, or the LCR. I like the laser on the Bodyguard, so leaning that way. Glad you like it.

13. RepeatDefender

Just a couple shots of the little "dayplanner" style case that comes with the BG38:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]