All I can say is .... AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Schweisshund, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

2. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

Reminds me of that scene in "Vantage Point" where that guy uses a smartphone to remote control a rifle to shoot the president. Scary stuff.

3. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Well, would you look at that? Time mark 01:30, it moves backwards when it fires.

:lol:

(Or maybe that's just some optical effect from the speed of sound moving through the camera to the ground or something)

4. 175FO

175FO Member

cool, but not very practicle with that 12 gauge. at the close range that thing would need to be at to be effective you could probably throw a rock into the propeller blades and bring it down

5. rdeschain

rdeschain Guest

I wouldn't want to be in rock throwing range with that thing bearing down on me. Even with a hundred rocks.

Want a neat and cheap weapons system? Figure out how to pilot a swarm of those (say 25). Who cares if you lose a few to rocks? They're cheap. And they've got shotguns.

6. Flatbad-hd

Flatbad-hd New Member

Notice that the shotgun is an AA12 and can fire the mini HE rounds so you may not get close enough to throw a rock! :D

7. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Ahh, the AA-12, the shotgun that's been shot down more times than Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
    ShotgunWorld link for those that enjoy a little controversy. :lol: :shock: :roll:

It occurs to me to wonder ... if, as it looked, that there were cardboard boxes set up as targets for the Hunter/Killercopter, then why was there no footage of the extensive damage wrought by such an awesome display of 12-gauge pwnage?
    Maybe ... it was too devastating?
    Or, perhaps, ... it wasn't?

8. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

:lol:

9. Flatbad-hd

Flatbad-hd New Member

Looked through the link. Yeah, poor performer for sure...if you are trying to fill a non-shotgun roll with a shotgun. It works as intended so not sure how it has been shot down. Maybe there is some other information out that I have not seen that goes into detail about poor quality, reliability issues etc of the AA12. Anyhow, it is not the end all be all of weapons but is impressive, atleast to me. Not sure why they didn't show the close up of the boxes other than it looked to be initial testing of the platform capability to integrate a weapon system and not a technology demonstration of a developed system.

10. Fallschirmjäger

Looked through the link. Yeah, poor performer for sure...if you are trying to fill a non-shotgun roll with a shotgun. It works as intended so not sure how it has been shot down. Maybe there is some other information out that I have not seen that goes into detail about poor quality, reliability issues etc of the AA12. Anyhow, it is not the end all be all of weapons but is impressive, atleast to me. Not sure why they didn't show the close up of the boxes other than it looked to be initial testing of the platform capability to integrate a weapon system and not a technology demonstration of a developed system.[/quote:3sjx7nh9]

Oh, no, the AA12 is a fine, reliable weapon, constructed of quality materials. It's just that it's a weapon looking for a niche that in roughly 20 years no one has carved out.
    It's not an infantry weapon
    It's not a CQB weapon
    It's not aerial platform weapon (at least not in that it does something another weapon can't do as well or better)
    It Might be a checkpoint weapon, but there are other weapons that, again, can do the same job as well or better.

Heck, I own a USAS-12 (which I think is better); I've lugged that mutha enough times to know that the weapon system has more drawbacks than advantages.

11. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I don't understand how this weapon, or any other kind of firearm mounted on a radio-controlled helicopter, is aimed.
    Is there a camera on board, giving a "first person shooter" view down the gun barrel?
    Is there any kind of sighting system?
    Or does the operator on the ground just guess-estimate when it looks like the shotgun is pointing toward the target?
    Right now, it looks quite slow and inaccurate.

When this r/c helicopter can chase down and shoot r/c trucks on land or boats on ponds and lakes, THEN I'll take it seriously.

12. Fallschirmjäger

There's a small video camera located to the side of the shotgun, but as far as I know there's no targeting software (or at least none that has been bragged about.)

You're supposed to see what it is and then imagine what it "could one day become". :?
    [​IMG]
    Nice model ? working concept.

13. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

14. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

15. a-squared

a-squared New Member

I would buy one of these in a heart beat if given a chance :)

16. galvatron

galvatron Member

I gotta strap a weapon to one of my heli's now. Where's my glock, and the duct tape?

Wonder what ATF thinks about this?

17. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

They don't care, you just need $200 and a time machine. Not sure if any were sold on a form 4 before 1986.

Was anybody else cringing when he started shooting that door 2" away without safety glasses?