Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what gun control politicians have presented in Alabama -

https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2017/02/24/alabama-lawmaker-were-not-against-gun-rights-but/

Joining Frank Matthews, President of the Outcast Voters League, at the press conference was State Rep. John Rogers, who announced he is aiming to “fashion a bill that’s passable†to enact gun control in the state.
.....proposed legislation has been named the Sheri Williams Mandatory Gun Changes Act after a woman who was shot and killed in 2013 in Gate City, AL by a stray bullet while holding her 10-day-old baby.

The changes the proposed act would make to current gun laws are:

• Mandatory gun registration- owner has registration card that lists all weapons
  • No transfers unless done through a registration office
  • New purchases must be picked up at registration office
  • Mandatory gun safes; only registered owner will have combination
  • Mandatory gun safety classes
  • Open carry and concealed carry policies abolished
  • Waiting period for gun purchase extended to three months to allow all paperwork to pass
  • People under 21 prohibited from owning guns
  • Extensive mental evaluation
  • Mandatory liability insurance for firearms
  • Required reporting of stolen firearms within four hours of discovery
  • Ammo purchases made only for the caliber gun specified on registration

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
New purchases must be picked up at registration office
So after paying for the firearm and filling out the 4473, the dealer has to transfer your firearm to the registration office where you take possession of it. I wonder how much the fee will be to transfer guns between locations? And where will these registration offices be located?

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Mandatory liability insurance for firearms
Ahhhh. The unobtainium liability insurance.

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Waiting period for gun purchase extended to three months to allow all paperwork to pass
They're planning on hiring former ATF NFA employees?

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
I think these people don't have a clue what the real problem is so they'll just infringe on the good people to show they did something.

From the article linked to in the Bearing Arms story.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/02/birmingham_organization_propos.html

Matthews also talked about a recent shooting in downtown Birmingham that killed 17-year-old Isaiah Johnson. That shooting happened after what police say was a gun transaction, arranged through Facebook, went bad. Johnson and his friend planned to rob the third person who has not been publicly identified, police said.

The unidentified person then shot and killed Johnson. He was not charged with a crime.

·
American
3,243 Posts
The list is such a fantasy that perhaps its actually the authors that need the "Extensive mental evaluation"?

·
Registered
175 Posts
What reality do they live in that they view this as "passable?"

Wasn't AL one of the states that adopted a constitutional amendment requiring strict scrutiny for all claims against their state 2A analogue? That would shoot any of this down real fast.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Mandatory gun safes; only registered owner will have combination
Does that mean if my son has a gun and my wife has a gun would have to have three safes?
Two of which would only have one or two guns.

·
Señor Member
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Mandatory gun safes; only registered owner will have combination

Does that mean if my son has a gun and my wife has a gun would have to have three safes?
Two of which would only have one or two guns.
Prolly.
So 3 electronic safes, programmed with the same combination, but you
each memorize only one...
Stupid and completely unenforceable. Who would know?

·
American
3,243 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts