Al Snyder's Case

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by YZ#58, Sep 25, 2010.

1. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

Just received/read the following email on the Al Snyder lawsuit, and passing it on. I certainly hope he prevails in this. I think what this father has gone thru is still impossible to comprehend.

Dear Friends,

We are very much looking forward to the oral arguments before the Supreme Court of the United States on Wednesday, October 6th at 10 a.m. EDT. A transcript of the oral arguments will be posted on the Supreme Court’s website http://www.supremecourt.gov/ the same day the case is argued. After oral arguments, a decision will likely be handed down sometime between May-July 2011.

We remain hopeful that the harassment and harm Al Snyder suffered at the hands of the defendant’s will no longer be sanctioned under the guise of the 1st Amendment. Al sends you his most heartfelt thanks for your support, outreach and acts of kindness. All he ever wanted was to bury his son with dignity and in peace and he will never get that chance again. But he is truly comforted by your outpouring of support. He has said many times that he does not know what he would do without all the support he has received. His gratitude is sincere, deep and profound.

In case you did not see it, there was a recent story that appeared in USA Today on August 30th. The video located on top on the page is also worth watching. If you would like to do so, please click here: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... s_CV_N.htm. For those of you who watch network news, Al was recently interviewed by both CBS and CNN and they told us they will air stories about this case surrounding the October 6th oral arguments.

Finally, on October 6th, our team will be video-taping many aspects of the day’s experience in Washington D.C., which we will post shortly thereafter on Matt’s website located at: http://www.mattthewsnyder.org/. For those of you on social networking websites, we will also post on our main Facebook page which can be found by clicking on this link: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Dell/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/15205914msHTMLEdit.html#!/unitedmatthewsnyder.

Again, Al Snyder, his family, my law firm and I truly cannot thank you enough. Feel free to forward this email as you wish.

Click here to unsubscribe or hit reply and write "REMOVE" in the subject line and hit send. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sean E. Summers ([email protected])
    Esquire
    Barley Snyder LLC
    100 East Market Street
    York, PA 17401
    717.852.4997 - Direct Dial
    717.843.8492 - Fax
    Barley Snyder LLC
    ATTORNEYS AT LAW

2. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

Those people make me sick. I truly feel that some things in this nation should be protected from such abuse such as funerals. No group no matter what hs any right what so ever to protest a funeral of any kind. Theres a place for everything and this isn't the place. Take your protest to the capital, take it to a sporting event, take it any where you please except a funeral. I hope they still stick this church with this bill. I'm almost certain this man can't afford to pay 2.1 million in damages to the father.

3. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

That crackpot Phelps and his media-whore family deserve to slapped with lawsuits and the families deserve compensation for what they've been put through. A funeral isn't a public forum and this "church" has no right to crash a private funeral that they weren't invited to in the first place.

I'm a Baptist who's familiar with the ins and outs of Baptist theology... and these Phelps charlatans are perfect examples of what my church isn't.

4. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

I'm not sure how they can even call themselves Christians. I guess that their minds are so twisted out of shape, they probably think that everybody else is screwed up.