Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in north Ga. (Macon or north) a good dealer with pretty good prices on AK47 types.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dang......posted in wrong forum.

Please move to firearms.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
mikekj said:
Anyone in north Ga. (Macon or north) a good dealer with pretty good prices on AK47 types.
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the different brand/makes AK-47 type rifles, but if i could give you some friendly advice:

Try to avoid Century Arms AK's. They're usually the cheapest AK's you'll be able to find, but it's really luck of the draw if you get one that functions properly. A lot of them will have canted front sight posts, which can cause the weapon to not cycle properly due to the hole connecting the barrel to the gas tube not being lined up correctly.

The other big thing to look out for is the magazine well... I bought one awhile ago and figured, "hey, it's an AK, what the heck could they possibly screw up!? These things are supposed to be one of the most reliable rifles in the world!". It didn't have the canted front sight post, but out of 15 magazines, only two would function properly in the weapon without jamming every other round. When Century Arms imports them, they originally take a single stack magazine and Century Arms widens the magazine wells when they get state-side and welds in a few contact points for the magazine. They don't do a very quality job.

If you do go with a Century Arms GP-WASR 10, be sure to look out for those problems. There's no way to check for the magazine issue without firing the weapon, so that's kind of a risk ya take.

I'd do some research before investing in anything. =)

If this isn't news to ya, sorry for wasting your time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts