AK designs are pretty reliable and tough

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Macktee, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Netadmin was talking about his AK on the 16th and how he has abused it, but it just kept going.

Here's a youtube video on another AK based weapon, the Siaga shotgun, showing some real abuse followed by a shooting demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWmMNHSVR4I

That's one really TOUGH gun!!!

2. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

I cuddle up next to my ak at night.

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Wow.

Talk about abuse!

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Hmmm....isn't that chambered for 7.62 mm? :lol:

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock:

6. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

AK's and Glocks.... take a lickin and keep on tickin... and who cares about cleaning them!!!
    :twisted:

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

An AK-47 can reassemble Chuck Norris. Blindfolded and under fire from Chinese Communists.

(An original thought, lol)

8. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

I have several AK variants and love them all. Nothing will make you smile like bump firing a 30 rd mag.

I also have a Saiga 12 ......nothing is more priceless than the look on your hunting buddies faces when you pull that thing out for a dove hunt :lol:

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Is that legal to hunt with? I'm pretty sure it's a cool gun, but don't know if the state wildlife people would agree.

Sooooo?

10. Hickory Flatlander

Sure its legal. Same rules apply. Can only hold 3rds . I actually have 3 2rd mags that I use. You can also block off the 5rd mags so that they only hold 2.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What about only loading the mag to the legal amount of rounds? Is that legal? Or do you have to physically block it off?

12. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Have fun convincing the DNR cop that you only loaded three rounds into an unblocked 5 round mag.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, true. All I've got are 30 rd mags for the AK, haha. I'm sure that wouldn't go over too well. If I was feeling lucky enough, I'd only load one round at a time.

14. pro2am

pro2am New Member

15. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

And the bullets are diamond tipped and the casings made of platinum. :) Instead of 'tat, tat, tat' it goes 'cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching'. :lol:

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

haha.

17. Hickory Flatlander

Must be physically blocked off....just like any other shotgun.

18. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Back on the AK-47 reliability

I've been noticing this fine combat weapon a little more now that I'm looking to get one myself.

I was channel surfing last night and ran across the National Geographic Channel. They were showing "Tribal Secrets", which is about the Dinka tribe in Africa...anywhoo, the cattle herdsman all carried AK-47's for self-protection. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure it's hard to get CLP and/or Hopps #9 when you're in the middle of Africa. I've got to believe that those guns have never been cleaned, and probably use some pretty skanky ammo to boot. Of course with all the used AK-47 lying around from all the civil wars, if yours doesn't work, just pick up another one.

The more I see AK-47's in action, and where, the more respect I have for its design.

19. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Kalashnikov was Russia's John M. Browning.

Nothing on earth like the distinct sound of an AK firing.......

It isn't pretty, it isn't super accurate, it isn't a mall ninja rifle with a Q-beam, night vision scope, laser sight, forward grip, and a bunch of other TACTICOOL :lol: crap on it.

That's why i love it. Simple, effective, reliable, and so easy to operate that even a peasant in a third world country could opperate it.

Don't get me wrong I love the black rifle too, but I have soft spot in my heart for the AK.

20. Hickory Flatlander

Over 100 million built.....dont think any other gun comes close to that number.