Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Netadmin was talking about his AK on the 16th and how he has abused it, but it just kept going.

Here's a youtube video on another AK based weapon, the Siaga shotgun, showing some real abuse followed by a shooting demo:

That's one really TOUGH gun!!!

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
NetAdminWithGun said:
I cuddle up next to my ak at night.
Wow.

Talk about abuse!

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
AK's and Glocks.... take a lickin and keep on tickin... and who cares about cleaning them!!!
:twisted:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have several AK variants and love them all. Nothing will make you smile like bump firing a 30 rd mag.

I also have a Saiga 12 ......nothing is more priceless than the look on your hunting buddies faces when you pull that thing out for a dove hunt :lol:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hickory Flatlander said:
I have several AK variants and love them all. Nothing will make you smile like bump firing a 30 rd mag.

I also have a Saiga 12 ......nothing is more priceless than the look on your hunting buddies faces when you pull that thing out for a dove hunt :lol:
Is that legal to hunt with? I'm pretty sure it's a cool gun, but don't know if the state wildlife people would agree.

Sooooo?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sure its legal. Same rules apply. Can only hold 3rds . I actually have 3 2rd mags that I use. You can also block off the 5rd mags so that they only hold 2.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
What about only loading the mag to the legal amount of rounds? Is that legal? Or do you have to physically block it off?
Have fun convincing the DNR cop that you only loaded three rounds into an unblocked 5 round mag.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
gsusnake said:
ptsmith24 said:
What about only loading the mag to the legal amount of rounds? Is that legal? Or do you have to physically block it off?
Have fun convincing the DNR cop that you only loaded three rounds into an unblocked 5 round mag.
Yea, true. All I've got are 30 rd mags for the AK, haha. I'm sure that wouldn't go over too well. If I was feeling lucky enough, I'd only load one round at a time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
And the bullets are diamond tipped and the casings made of platinum. :) Instead of 'tat, tat, tat' it goes 'cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching'. :lol:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Back on the AK-47 reliability

I've been noticing this fine combat weapon a little more now that I'm looking to get one myself.

I was channel surfing last night and ran across the National Geographic Channel. They were showing "Tribal Secrets", which is about the Dinka tribe in Africa...anywhoo, the cattle herdsman all carried AK-47's for self-protection. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure it's hard to get CLP and/or Hopps #9 when you're in the middle of Africa. I've got to believe that those guns have never been cleaned, and probably use some pretty skanky ammo to boot. Of course with all the used AK-47 lying around from all the civil wars, if yours doesn't work, just pick up another one.

The more I see AK-47's in action, and where, the more respect I have for its design.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Kalashnikov was Russia's John M. Browning.

Nothing on earth like the distinct sound of an AK firing.......

It isn't pretty, it isn't super accurate, it isn't a mall ninja rifle with a Q-beam, night vision scope, laser sight, forward grip, and a bunch of other TACTICOOL :lol: crap on it.

That's why i love it. Simple, effective, reliable, and so easy to operate that even a peasant in a third world country could opperate it.

Don't get me wrong I love the black rifle too, but I have soft spot in my heart for the AK.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts