AK-47 in the Trunk and Stopped by California LEO

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Malum Prohibitum, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The thing about driving around with all the parts to build an assault rifle in the trunk of your car is that pretty soon you forget they’re in the trunk of your car. There’s no dashboard light for that, like there is for your seat belts or your door being ajar; they could just stay there forever and what could ever go wrong?

Then some guy stepped off the curb in a midblock crosswalk in downtown Santa Ana, and I was taken by surprise so I honked at him and swerved—instead of stopping, which would have been the Right Thing to Do. And then the cops I never even saw lit me up and pulled me over, two black-and-whites sliding in behind my Honda.

#-o

And it wasn’t until all three or four of them were standing on the grassy park strip with my papers, talking about what to do with me, that I remembered I had an AK-47 assault rifle in pieces in my trunk. How @#%&ing cool was that? I was even sweating profusely; it was a hot day and I was taking Vicodin (broken foot) and I don’t like cops. Totally perfect.

Osama's Gun: How to not build bin Laden’s AK-47 without even trying

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

"I learned later from Weekly reporter Nick Schou that Osama was a wuss and didn’t build his own AK . . ."

:lol:

" . . . when I did finally pick up the lower receiver 10 days later and buy a mandatory $6 gun lock to prevent “accidental dischargeâ€â€”even though what I had wasn’t close to being a gun yet . . . "

This is an entertaining article.