"AK-47" fires itself.. Cause a mystery

Discussion in 'In the News' started by lsu_nonleg, Jul 12, 2007.

1. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ ... _0712.html

Yes, a mystery. Millions of AK's (whether we can even confirm *that*, since it sorta could look like an SKS) around the world, and all the ones that shoot themselves are in the US.

Just like my fists of furrrrry! And everything but rat shot and maybe subsonic .22 can go through drywall. Eeeevil hollow points can help mitigate that, mr. reporter.

Excellent! As it should be.

"It is legal for most people to possess the rifles." That's a much shorter sentence. But we couldn't include the doublespeak and wordsmithing if we made it nice and simple, could we...

2. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Just like my fists of furrrrry! And everything but rat shot and maybe subsonic .22 can go through drywall. Eeeevil hollow points can help mitigate that, mr. reporter.

Excellent! As it should be.

"It is legal for most people to possess the rifles." That's a much shorter sentence. But we couldn't include the doublespeak and wordsmithing if we made it nice and simple, could we...[/quote:2342gikn]

O.k, is it me or why would a woman being shot in the butt be in critical condition? I know women say mens brains are in our p#%&*'s so I guess their brains are in their butt's because unless she got shot in her head or some other vital organ I don't see how she is critical.

Alright then let the flames begin........................ :flame:

:rotfl:

3. Crazydave

Crazydave Member

Quote:

The AK-47 is the most widely used assault rifle.

"It's considered a weapon of mass destruction," Campbell said. "It's known to go through a few walls."

I thought that was kinda a funny when I heard it,a weapon of mass destruction huh?

Wow,there were wmd's found in Iraq after all.......

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Well...it IS an assault rifle...so it was just doing its job.

5. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

Posing with a rifle is not a problem, posing with a round in the chamber is though, obviously.

I do like what crazydave said though, if the AK47 is a weapon of mass destruction then Iraq is chalk full of them.

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

It may not have "just gone off by itself" after all

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... ovider=top
    Frankly I'm amazed. This seems to imply that this dreaded "assault weapon" didn't go on a shooting spree by itself. Personally I'm glad that the AK-47 didn't end up behind bars.

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

By that definition of WMD, the Bush administration has found thousands upon thousands of them in Iraq. :)

I'm curious as to their selection of criminal charges. It seems like reckless conduct would have been a more correct charge as it encompasses stupidity and carelessness. Assault/Battery require there to be some intent on the part of the offender.

8. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

Agreed... seems like a pretty safe place to be shot if you were gonna be shot.....unless she was super thin....another reason big butts are better...

9. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

10. merlock

merlock New Member

:shock: Just can't trust these damn commie guns. :lol:

11. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

It was an AK47.....looked like a Romanian variant. I have one like it.

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Perhaps she was bending forward, or he was shooting upward, and the bullet traveled thru her butt and into the thorax where it encountered vital organs.

Or it didn't move upward in her body yet damaged her colon and/or bladder, reproductive organs, etc.

I envision the bullet not hitting her in the side of one of her neither cheeks but rather entering her body directly from behind, in which case it could indeed cause serious injuries.

:ianal:

Pretend that sign reads "medical professional" instead of "lawyer" as my suppositions are complete WAGs...

13. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

Is it well behaved or does it try to load itself and fire at your fourth point of contact (Butt to the non-paratroopers among us)? :lol:

14. fallison

fallison New Member

I've been keeping a closer eye on mine. You never know when these evil looking guns are going to turn on you.

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Tell me about it!! They also get cranky as they get older, kinda like Macktee. I caught my Mosin calling my AR names the other day. It was saying that the AR was a weakling without any power. Then my Argentine Mauser stepped in and they all started calling the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine a 'kids toy'. I had to hide all the ammo before they started shooting each other !!!! Even my Walther PPK/S turned on my Ruger MKIII and started hurling insults. I had to seperate all on them in different rooms to keep them all apart. You just can't trust your guns these days. :roll:

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I imagine it is a serious injury either way, and there is always the femoral artery to be ruptured in that area.

17. merlock

merlock New Member

:rotfl:

18. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

bullet wounds are serious to me also, i just wanted an excuse to say big butts are better.... just like i did again in this post