AJC Report 2/21

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by lhuff, Feb 22, 2005.

1. lhuff

lhuff New Member

First Sonny made the flag people mad. Now this. I think everyone should know who killed our chance for a little relief this year and remember on election day.

Quoted from the "Political Insider" in the AJC

Check your piece at the door, partner. It doesn't look like the housewives are that desperate

Published on: 02/21/05

Both sides are telling us that Gov. Sonny Perdue has slapped a lid on the Legislature's efforts to ease restrictions on concealed weapons, so that hidden sidearms can be carried — by permitted owners — into many restaurants and some bars.

No explanation was given, but we can hazard a guess. With the exception of a very few bills intended for the Republican base, this session's low-volume agenda has been devoted to: A) reinforcing GOP ties with a business community that will be funding the '06 contests; or B) convincing suburban women — now a key swing vote in Georgia — that they need not fear the excesses of GOP rule.

Apparently, the concealed weapon issue didn't go over well with either "A" or "B." Restaurateurs had nightmares over liability issues that come when 9mm semi-automatics mix with surly waiters and dirty spoons.

And women somehow found no comfort in the possibility that the gentleman in the next booth at Applebee's could offer cover fire in a pinch.

Maybe next year.

2. coyy2k1

coyy2k1 New Member

Until we see something come up for a vote or die in comittee, we should still be vigilent in trying to get something to the floor. The AJC has been known for there anti stance on guns and pro stance on gun control. :x I am hoping that some of the members in the PS comittee are pro 2a and consider this for the legal, card toting, passed background check constituents.

3. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

I've confirmed that Sonny is the one working to kill our bill/any bill. Sonny wants a campaign issue to run on. Isn't that nice! We can't defend our families and ourselves for another year, so that Sonny can use the issue to be re-elected. I guess he retained some Democrat ideas after all.

He'll be really surprised that Gunowners aren't like African Americans, who vote Democrat not matter what the Dems do. George Bush Sr. learned this lesson the hard way. Looks like Sonny will too.

4. lhuff

lhuff New Member

It's been a long time since I've voted for a Democrat. I've never worked to get a Democrat elected. I've always felt it silly to vote against someone instead of for someone. I've never been a one issue voter.

This election will be different. Anyone who will deny me the right to protect myself and my family for their political gain shall not get my support or vote.

Can you say "Governor Cox"?

5. gundawg

gundawg New Member

I agree 100%!

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Interesting news item from a couple years back.

7. SigP229

SigP229 New Member

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

And we are still fighting the same stupid battle. I bumped a thread from 2005 ON PURPOSE.

Read the last line, "Maybe next year."

Well, it is now 2008.

Everybody acts like we want to do this for the first time, this year, but people have been trying, and failing for years.

The 2005 effort was not the first failed effort, either.

9. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Yikes! It's a good thing you decided to become a lawyer instead of a motivational speaker. :shock:

10. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Glad to see that at least Sonny is consistently a liar - "I'm a friend of the 2nd Amendment." :roll: :?

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

11. WhoKnew

WhoKnew New Member

I know I'm a newcomer to the site and I think that’s why I was able to see through this ruse of yours Malum Prohibitum...

Here's what is actually occurring in this thread:

1) You finally found a thread you didn’t post in when it first saw the light of day in 2005
    2) You somehow managed to get 3 responses into that thread AND I hazard a guess you Sir will get more after I am done here.

3) How's your sense of humor?
    4) I need to go and finish up my beverage now :wink:

12. eagle98

eagle98 New Member

:scared:
    yes sir...ok sir...email sent sir...

13. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

PWNED!!!

14. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

:rotfl: