Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How old does a child have to be to own an air rifle/ airsoft gun in Georgia? And can she keep it in our home if my husband is a felon?

·
69,784 Posts
"Firearm" includes any handgun, rifle, shotgun, or other weapon which will or can be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or electrical charge.
From the Georgia felon in possession law. https://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?title=16&chapter=11&section=131

An airsoft gun does not use an explosive or electrical charge to push a pellet.

I am not aware of any age limit on children owning an airsoft gun. Make sure he wears eye protection.

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
If the felon of the household is currently on parole or probation, it might be a violation for HIM to live in a place where he has access to any kind of gun or weapon.

But if he’s completely finished with his sentence, airguns and archery equipment are OK for him to have.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If the felon of the household is currently on parole or probation, it might be a violation for HIM to live in a place where he has access to any kind of gun or weapon.

But if he's completely finished with his sentence, airguns and archery equipment are OK for him to have.
Haven't you seen "The Dukes of Hazzard"? :)

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Oh, yah. When I was a kid.
Later when, as an adult, I went into an archery shop and indoor range, I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED to find out that they didn't sell dynamite-tipped arrows, nor even arrows with a holder that I could slide my own stick of dynamite into.
Trousers Plant Hood Sky Motor vehicle

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,649 Posts
Oh, yah. When I was a kid.
Later when, as an adult, I went into an archery shop and indoor range, I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED to find out that they didn't sell dynamite-tipped arrows, nor even arrows with a holder that I could slide my own stick of dynamite into.
View attachment 9315
Automotive wheel system Composite material Auto part Circle Font

1 - 7 of 7 Posts