Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8 ... _firearm_/
IT may be three inches long and made of plastic â€" but that didn’t stop a toy soldier’s gun being branded a “firearm†by zealous airport officials.

Ken Lloyd and his wife bought the “signaller crouching†figurine during a recent visit to the Royal Signals Museum at Blandford Garrison.

But when the box containing the figure passed through the scanning machine at Gatwick airport, security officials declared the tiny plastic rifle a “firearmâ€.
:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
... and yet, the TSA will allow a soldier with a real rifle through security as long as it is unloaded.
(Though they will confiscate his nail clippers. :? )

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
No different than what's been happening in schools across our country. Zero tolerance.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
AV8R said:
That is in the UK. We aren't quite there, YET.
"... A man from Colorado had a "4-inch milk chocolate pistol wrapped in plastic wrap" in his luggage; a gift from his daughter. The screener said, "I don't care if it's chocolate, you're not taking a gun on the plane." Even the passenger eating the "barrel" did not satisfy the ever-vigilant security dweeb. No "gun parts" were permitted, either! Only after eating the rest of the "gun" was the man permitted past the checkpoint..."
anecdotally from earthlink.net, without citation.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
We're headed there.
WHen it comes to fake / replica / toy guns, SIZE MATTERS !
Anybody with any common sense should be able to tell the difference between a gun the size of a cigarette (fake)
and a gun the size of, well, maybe as small as a cigarette lighter (NAA mini-revolver with 1" barrel).

Now I know some jeweler has made a few custom-crafted functioning firearms that are the size of earrings.
All I can say is, if you shoot me with that I'm going to give you a stern look and then call the flight attendant on you.
If a "firearm" fires a bullet the size of a grain of sand at a few hundred feet per second, I hardly think anybody will do as the terrorist commands during the attempted hijacking.

Or maybe they will. After all, doesn't TSA confiscate nail clippers, which could be used to pinch a little chunk out of your skin and make you bleed? That would be as horrible as being bitten by a field mouse or getting a paper cut reaching in the filing cabinet at the office. Naturally I'll follow any commands coming from a man who can draw blood on me, right? Right? :roll:

Seriously, will anybody brandish a 3" long plastic toy gun on an airplane and try to hijack it?
Sounds like a good way to get :Nunchaku: and :bat: from your fellow passengers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm beginning to believe that the human race has evolved to the point that we no longer have the functional ability to use common sense.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
87FieroGT said:
I'm beginning to believe that the human race has evolved to the point that we no longer have the functional ability to use common sense.
Just beginning? I thought it was a scientifically proven statistic that 95% or the world has no common sense and the other 5% were those who did the research and analysis. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
87FieroGT said:
Nah, TV just tells us that we don't need to use it any longer.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
87FieroGT said:
Half Are Below Average

Last time I flew, the xray screener insisted my telescoping handle on my luggage was a barrel of a gun and they would not let me carry on my $1000 Fly rod....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It must really be a horrible existence to have so much constant fear that even toys cause one to panic.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
Wow, while Australia considers a law requiring toy guns to be registered and kept under lock and key, airport security in the UK goes nuts over a 3 inch plastic gun.

They have really cast off all semblance of human intelligence.

You think the colonies (us) are headed in the same direction as their motherland? With all the cool-aid drinkers we've got, it makes you wonder if it's just a matter of time.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
AV8R said:
87FieroGT said:
Nah, TV just tells us that we don't need to use it any longer.
A poster on here(no offense) a few days ago asked how to go to the bathroom outside.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts