Airport parking lot is off limits, right?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I know the answer is yes put the parking lot of the airport is off limits, right? I have to drop off a family member tonight and I have a big debate going on in my head.........

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It is...and it's a biggie.

Having said that and completely unrelated to the topic at hand......my Xterra has a glove box that locks. It is perfect for storing object that I need to keep hidden. I just thought you would want to know. ;)

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I knew it was off limits and I just left it at home. I hated it but I did.

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

That is the proper answer. :p

5. triggerman357

triggerman357 New Member

The threat level in the airline sector is High or Orange.

Since the Homeland Security Advisory System is at orange, I leave my weapon at home if going to the airport. Those random vehicle searches can become unpleasent if they find one with you.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

20 years in prison and a $15,000 fine! See O.C.G.A. 16-12-123, 127, and 122 (where terminal is defined as including the parking lots and a reasonable distance adjacent to any designated stop - i.e., bus stops).

:jail:

Quite a contrast from me openly loading and holstering my gun right outside the front entrance to the airport in Eugene, Oregon. Nobody even looked at me funny.

7. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Let's assume, arguendo, that someone occasionally uses the airport park and ride lots when traveling on business to states without reciprocity with GA. They are not part of the terminal as I understand it. When traveling to states with reciprocity, this same person most likely will be transporting the firearm, in a locked, hard-sided case, of course.

8. Malum Prohibitum

I would take the position that those are not "terminal" parking lots.

9. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

What about the non airport authority owned "ParkingSpot" type joints? Their function is "airport parking lot." Is there a kind of ownership distinction that could be made to consider the "official" park and ride as not being "terminal parking?" There's no bus that picks me up at row 68 of the "extended parking lot", either.

Every additional day in this state makes me want to beat my head against a wall. And to think that I drive to the airport instead of taking MARTA to provide myself with a better security situation when I land after dark.

10. Malum Prohibitum

11. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Is that the same position that the Fulton county prosecutor takes? Any case law backing you up, or are you attempting to use those troublesome "common sense" and "logic" thingys?

12. Malum Prohibitum

That is all! :D

You would have to call the Fulton County prosecutor and ask, but be careful what you wish for. Keep in mind that the recent Marta shooters were not charged with this, so it appears the Fulton County prosecutors are currently unaware of this law. We might want to keep it that way until we can get it repealed.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Missouri bans concealed carry on buses only (felony) (preemption applies only to concealed carry).

Montana bans carry on trains only (misdeanor).

New Mexico bans carry on buses only (misdemeanor).

NONE of these states ban carry in the nonsterile areas of mass transit . . . or mass transit generally.

14. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

Niether does Georgia.....if you're LARRYG from ar15.com

15. Malum Prohibitum

I saw on another web site a posting by an expert that declares people in Georgia may openly carry in Hartsfield.

16. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

You forgot to post the link.

17. Malum Prohibitum

18. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

You don't say......

19. Malum Prohibitum

Anybody know of any more?