Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the answer is yes put the parking lot of the airport is off limits, right? I have to drop off a family member tonight and I have a big debate going on in my head.........

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
It is...and it's a biggie.

Having said that and completely unrelated to the topic at hand......my Xterra has a glove box that locks. It is perfect for storing object that I need to keep hidden. I just thought you would want to know. ;)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The threat level in the airline sector is High or Orange.

Since the Homeland Security Advisory System is at orange, I leave my weapon at home if going to the airport. Those random vehicle searches can become unpleasent if they find one with you.

·
68,657 Posts
20 years in prison and a $15,000 fine! See O.C.G.A. 16-12-123, 127, and 122 (where terminal is defined as including the parking lots and a reasonable distance adjacent to any designated stop - i.e., bus stops).

:jail:

Quite a contrast from me openly loading and holstering my gun right outside the front entrance to the airport in Eugene, Oregon. Nobody even looked at me funny.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Let's assume, arguendo, that someone occasionally uses the airport park and ride lots when traveling on business to states without reciprocity with GA. They are not part of the terminal as I understand it. When traveling to states with reciprocity, this same person most likely will be transporting the firearm, in a locked, hard-sided case, of course.

·
68,657 Posts
I would take the position that those are not "terminal" parking lots.

·
Registered
824 Posts
What about the non airport authority owned "ParkingSpot" type joints? Their function is "airport parking lot." Is there a kind of ownership distinction that could be made to consider the "official" park and ride as not being "terminal parking?" There's no bus that picks me up at row 68 of the "extended parking lot", either.

Every additional day in this state makes me want to beat my head against a wall. And to think that I drive to the airport instead of taking MARTA to provide myself with a better security situation when I land after dark.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Is that the same position that the Fulton county prosecutor takes? Any case law backing you up, or are you attempting to use those troublesome "common sense" and "logic" thingys?

·
68,657 Posts
lsu_nonleg said:
troublesome "common sense" and "logic" thingys?
That is all! :D

You would have to call the Fulton County prosecutor and ask, but be careful what you wish for. Keep in mind that the recent Marta shooters were not charged with this, so it appears the Fulton County prosecutors are currently unaware of this law. We might want to keep it that way until we can get it repealed.

·
68,657 Posts
Missouri bans concealed carry on buses only (felony) (preemption applies only to concealed carry).

Montana bans carry on trains only (misdeanor).

New Mexico bans carry on buses only (misdemeanor).

NONE of these states ban carry in the nonsterile areas of mass transit . . . or mass transit generally.

·
Professional Troll
2,128 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
NONE of these states ban carry in the nonsterile areas of mass transit . . . or mass transit generally.
Niether does Georgia.....if you're LARRYG from ar15.com

·
68,657 Posts
I saw on another web site a posting by an expert that declares people in Georgia may openly carry in Hartsfield.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I saw on another web site a posting by an expert that declares people in Georgia may openly carry in Hartsfield.
You forgot to post the link.

·
68,657 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Missouri bans concealed carry on buses only (felony) (preemption applies only to concealed carry).

Montana bans carry on trains only (misdeanor).

New Mexico bans carry on buses only (misdemeanor).

Anybody know of any more?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts