Air show pics!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I was watching it all from work. Seemed pretty slow till the blue angels.

3. the279

the279 New Member

Nice pics ... Thanks

4. luangtom

luangtom Active Member

Great pix, Adam. What did ya shoot them with? :righton:

5. RevolverDan

RevolverDan Active Member

I didn't go, but a photographer friend of mine went and got some killer shots. Click on the links if you want details on his shots and to see the rest of his stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

I was in Marietta square at the time and they would fly super low over the square on their way back to the airbase. So tight!

7. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

I miss military air shows. I haven't been to one in about 17 years. I was raised on Andrews Air Force Base so we always had pretty good shows.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Nikon D80 DSLR.

9. luangtom

luangtom Active Member

Thanks for the info and keep clicking..... :righton:

10. RevolverDan

fwiw, that camera isn't made anymore. It was a very good camera though. It had a great sensor on it for daylight use, but was some what limiting in low light. I shot with it's big brother the D200 for about 3 years (they had the same sensor in them). Just figured I would let you know in case you were looking for a camera or something.

Also, Adam5's photos look nice b/c of his skill....not the camera. :cheers:

11. smn

smn Active Member

What kind of glass did he use and how much more did it cost compared to the camera?

12. XLInfidel

XLInfidel New Member

Great pixs! I was fortunate enough to see the Blue Angels at an air show in Fort Lauderdale some years back. Great show.

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I just used the std 18-135 Nikor that came with the camera body. When I have some cash to play with, I have my eye on a Nikor 55-300 with a faster focus speed. It will be better for things like this, and will give me a better zoom when my daughter starts showing horses again in the Spring.

14. ClayD

ClayD New Member

I was stationed in Beaufort when the Blue Angel pilot crashed and died. My girlfriend at the time, a Marine as well, was on the base Crisis Management Team and was rushed to the crash sight where she stood security every night until the sight was all cleaned up. The Angels are an awesome sight to see and it was such an unfortunant accident that is clear as day in my mind watching the pilot dissapear in the tree line followed by fire and smoke.

Sorry for the bring down. when I get the chance to see the Angels again, I will be there.

15. RevolverDan

I know the 55-300 is cheaper, but you could also consider the 70-300 in case you ever move to a full frame body. I have the later and love it on both my film and digital FX bodies.