Ahem....454 Casull

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Firearms' started by kestak, Jun 21, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am kinda embarassed....

My Wife wants a .454 Casull revolver with a looooooong barrel (Yeah, I know, she did not mention in inches, but I guess 6 inches is the minimum).
    She told me today the .45 ACP recoil is nothing and she would like a "stronger" gun.

Anyone has one or can recommend one?

Thank you
    P.S.: yeah yeah...She is the one with the Dragunov PSL ROMAK-3 and she loves it! She does not even care about the recoil. But I can't refuse her nothing...

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll let someone who knows more about them than I do comment on the pistol. You do need to have your wife come talk to mine though!!! I wish mine wanted guns like that !!!

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I've shot the Ruger Redhawk, but other than that I don't have any experience with the round. I do think that you can shoot .45 Colt in them as well, but you may want to confirm that before you try it.

4. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville...call them...I overheard someone talking about them the other day when I was there.

5. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I want your gun budget.

6. triggerman357

triggerman357 New Member

I believe Bass Pro Shops has that caliber in The Taurus Raging Bull Model.

7. gsusnake

I saw one today at the one in Savannah, as a matter of fact.

It was bigger than my leg.

8. gsusnake

Look at the ballistics on this round :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.454_Casull

Bullet weight/type Velocity Energy
    240 gr JHP 1900 ft/s
    (~579 m/s) 1923 ft·lbf
    (~2615 J)
    300 gr JHP 1650 ft/s
    (~503 m/s) 1831 ft·lbf
    (~2490 J)

9. GunNut

GunNut New Member

The Taurus Raging Bull in .454 is on my wish list as well. There aren't a huge number of choices when it comes to that caliber. It is an awesome round though.

Of course, you might consider going a little further, the S&W 460 and 500 are a little stronger.

10. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

The secret is to send your wife to the women only NRA shooting day. The cost here was only 8$ (Including guns, ammo and lunch) and the funny thing, they did not even had to pay that 8$, they waved it completely.

She even got a diploma that is valid to get the out of state Florida license!!!!

She lost all her fears of weapons and she liked to shot very much whith the advices of personal instructors. Her instructor of the day was an ex-marine who was training personnel at shooting.

I saw some very reasonable prices on gunbroker and if I order a new Taurus via gun locator, it is about 650$.

Thank you
    P.S.: gunbroker is the collector paradise or kind of my nightmare. She saw a dragunov for 2999$ and she was quite interested. It took me 45 minutes to deal her out of it with a CZ-52 (Classic arms), a new SKS 59/60 )Samco) and 2 green bids (Mosin 91/30 and 12 Gauge) and one red on a .454 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=74352878 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=74567918).
    P.P.S.: Jez, that board is becoming my pressure valve release, if you understand wehat I mean...

11. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

The secret is to send your wife to the women only NRA shooting day. The cost here was only 8$ (Including guns, ammo and lunch) and the funny thing, they did not even had to pay that 8$, they waved it completely.

She even got a diploma that is valid to get the out of state Florida license!!!!

She lost all her fears of weapons and she liked to shot very much whith the advices of personal instructors. Her instructor of the day was an ex-marine who was training personnel at shooting.

I saw some very reasonable prices on gunbroker and if I order a new Taurus via gun locator, it is about 650$.

Thank you
    P.S.: gunbroker is the collector paradise or kind of my nightmare. She saw a dragunov for 2999$ and she was quite interested. It took me 45 minutes to deal her out of it with a CZ-52 (Classic arms), a new SKS 59/60 )Samco) and 2 green bids (Mosin 91/30 and 12 Gauge) and one red on a .454 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=74352878 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=74567918).
    P.P.S.: Jez, that board is becoming my pressure valve release, if you understand wehat I mean...

12. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Thank you

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Whoa, I've seen double posts before. But TRIPLE posts??? :shock: :lol:

14. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Hmmm... I was on my sucky 42.5 modem but I just clicked once.
    I am really sorry guys about that.

Thank you

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

?!

I rather shoot myself in the foot that go back to dial-up.

It's a generational thing. I want things now, now, NOW! :D

16. GunNut

GunNut New Member

It would be more fun to shoot the modem.....working in the IT field, shooting up old computer parts is satisfying...

17. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am a system engineer and I had a cable modem up there in Canada from 1997 to 2000. Since then, at home I use a simple modem. It cut on my online gaming and surfing. If I need a file, I simply download it at work (until last week when we got quite a restrictive internet policy that limits and prohibit almost everything and I have to agree with the management, some people were abusing).

Anyway, keep posted, I calmed her with a CZ-52 that we got yesterday. But now she has 2 green bids on gunbroker.....arg!

Thank you

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

14.4 ... 56 k ... I haven't heard of 42.5. :?

19. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

56.6 connecteed ALWAYS at 42.2... It is just that.

Thank you

20. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Oh yea, that's right. I remember reading about that years ago. Some FCC limit, I think. Still, slow enough, right? :p