Advice needed?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jmathis84, Jan 3, 2011.

1. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

I have not worked since Nov. I have just acquired a LNIB Glock 19. My question is what should i do? I need money but dont wanna be unarmed. Should i sell it or try and trade for a cheaper gun with money to boot. I dunno what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

What kind of skills and experience do you have? Maybe one of us here can help you find something.

3. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

I have worked in Natural Gas pipeline,Supervised a truck wash,Powder coating and wet painting,and some light mechanic work, Putting up Pole barns and roofing both sheet metal and shingles.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

A Glock 19 has some value, sure.
    But I also think that if I were going to sell most of my guns and keep only one or two, something like the Glock 19 would be on the "keepers" list (because I'd really use it daily for carry and home defense) and other guns that only see occasional range use would get put up for sale.

If the Glock is too big to carry, then by all means sell it and buy / trade into a one that is both smaller and cheaper.

5. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

I do use it for daily carry. I feel the most comfortable carrying and using the Glock 19. It is my only firearm left. I am just getting low on money with no income at all.

6. Slingblade

Slingblade New Member

jmathis84...PM sent.

7. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

It's easy to just say sell the gun so you have money for groceries or rent, but...

you have to think of that Glock 19 as a tool, or an investment.

You wouldn't sell your car due to unemployment, because how would you get to work once you did find another job.

You wouldn't sell your cell phone because how would a potential employer contact you to offer you a job.

You wouldn't sell your kitchen appliances because job or no job, you still gotta eat, and that means cooking.

etc etc, you get the idea.

If you're down to your last gun, then that's the one you'll need most to defend yourself.

8. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 New Member

If you do end up wanting to trade and get some cash too, I have a couple of guns for trade in the buy/sell section. I really want a G19. I don't blame you for not wanting to get rid of it.

9. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Well sadily i had to sell it. I needed money to fix my truck and to buy diapers for my 2yr old. I will look for a replacement. Anyone know where to get a nice used gun for about 300 to 325?