Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
68,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about a year, so here it is.

There are no kids playing on the sidewalks anymore. I should emphasize this a little more. There are absolutely NO kids playing on the sidewalks at all, at any time of the day. Maybe a kid rides his bike a few meters on the sidewalk, but always under the supervision of an adult. A kid riding a bike on his own will get that bike stolen in no time, probably get hurt in the process, therefore no responsible parent leaves a kid alone on the street. Teenagers present a greater problem. You can’t keep a 15 or 16 year old inside a house all day long, and even though they are big enough to go out on their own, when the sun goes down things get much worse.
there have been lots of cases of girls getting raped, so no parent worth a buck leaves his son or daughter in hands of a stranger. After years of living like this, almost everyone learned to be careful; sometimes they had to learn the hard way. Practically no one leaves a door or window opened or unlocked. Nor do they hang out in front of the house talking to friends. A bad guy might just see you there, like a sitting duck, pull a gun on you and take you inside your house.
There are no “bandit’s law†anymore. One used to hear people talk about “You shouldn’t resist a robbery, give them what they want and they’ll go awayâ€. That holds true no more.
“Have you been able to form any kind of mutual aid agreements with your neighbors? That is to say, your neighbors will help you if you are in need and you will help them if they are.â€

No, they are sheeple and have sheep mentality. At best, they organize to pay for private and police security, which I do, but that is only good against small time thieves.

I did offer my help to my next door neighbor, the one with the girls that got raped.
A forensic doctor that used to live in my neighborhood got killed last year. He was ambushed when he exited a restaurant by 5 or 6 men. Even though they did kill him he managed to kill 4 of them and severely injure another.

·
68,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He has advice on gun selection, vehicle selection, sound suppressors, food, water, power, currency, light, crime, traffic collisions, and other things from somebody who has been there and learned by experience.

It’s 1:06 AM over here. I just finished showering and my wife and son are asleep. I was putting shampoo on my hair, thinking about what I wrote today on this post, and remembered the exact moment when I realized along with several other people, not only that TSHTF (that we all knew) but that the world we once new no longer existed, and that this was not a hurricane, this was an ice age period, it wouldn’t just go away.
Can USA citizens survive what we survived? Of course they can, though I think that there are too many that are not like you, many that don’t prepare, and take everything for granted. Those are the ones that will be responsible for the increase in the social unrest once the SHTF; those that were too lazy to take care of themselves before the SHTF, or that had gone soft through out the years, believing that the government will “take care of them because they pay their taxesâ€. But in the end, they will pull through. People will adapt, they always do. You’d be surprised. And those that don’t want to adapt to the new reality they live in, will die young, thus cleaning the gene pool and ensuring the continuity of the species. It’s been this way for thousands of years.
OK, If I had to do all this from scratch? Say, for example, if I had a 2 year warning, fairy godmother appears one night , all dressed in blue waving a magic wand, saying “ Your country will go down the sewer in 2 years, consider yourself warned dearâ€

There are several things I would have done differently, and things I would have bought:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Looking at post-collapse argentina is a great idea because it provides a realistic scenario of what can happen when a country can't pay its debt. It's not quite as bad as some of the SHTF people think, but it's not a bright, rosy time either.

I will say this, though, it doesn't last forever. I spent about 6 months in Argentina in 2005 and, while they were still feeling some of the effects, the overall condition wasn't bad at all. That was about 5 years after the collapse, but it could've gotten fixed sooner had they loosened their market conditions. I remember seeing price ceilings on bananas, and then they raised the beef export tariff which hurt their beef industry, etc etc. They blocked free trade and catered to special interests and fear instead of letting the free market lift them up. It probably could've resolved itself in 1-3 years instead of 4-6.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Even before I clicked the link, I knew that FerFal wrote it. Just by the manner that he expresses certain ideas.

He is a regular poster at another board I frequent. I personally put a lot of stock into his ideas and warnings of what to expect when the inflation train comes to town.

·
68,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moga said:
Even before I clicked the link, I knew that FerFal wrote it. Just by the manner that he expresses certain ideas.

He is a regular poster at another board I frequent. I personally put a lot of stock into his ideas and warnings of what to expect when the inflation train comes to town.
Did he leave Argentina, as he was contemplating? What forum?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
i believe he posts on the high road i think the new high road....and he has expressed a want to emigrate to the US

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
....and he has expressed a want to emigrate to the US
To get here before the collapse of course.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Very sobering. Thanks for posting.

·
Fattus Patrickus
2,369 Posts
I'm mostly surprised that nothing much surprised me here. A few of my preconceptions were challenged, but not nearly as many as I thought.

I've always been critical of those that have the plan. The I live in a fort and will light up any baddie that comes my way types. It seems that pre-planning and flexibility are most important.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Great post, MP. I've been reading this for quite a while now. Its good info.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
SOBERING - and I have only read a bit from MP's link.

Read some old posts of Ferfal on GlockTalk. http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926429 VERY SOBERING in its potential foreshadowing. While I may not agree with things in the Tea Party movement, it seems TP (and its awakening of many in the US) is the only thing that has kept (stalled?) this country from falling into the Abyss.

Many themes are familiar: sheeple, the desire for a "messiah" to fix things, both political parties forming one "front".

You guys in USA; you now are in the Messiah stage. The mass of people thinking Obama will fly around in a superman outfit fixing things.

When none of that happens, when things instead of improving get worse, people get very pissed and violent.
Things crumble, and a dictator goes into office with unquestioned power.
The real possibility is there, and it could develop quickly, given some disaster, natural (weather) or man-made (terrorism, devalued Dollar).

This guy is chilling.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I've been following Ferfal's writing for a few years now.
All of it is good stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts