Adopt a Highway..Augusta!

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by CountryGun, Nov 10, 2010.

1. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Alright gang, let's go again! I'm thinking we need to get a collection in prior to the holidays. Let's "Get 'Er Done"!

I've chosen November 20th as our next collection date. It will be between the three and four mile markers on the Riverwatch Pkwy. We will start collection at 0830 hours. Please assemble a few minutes prior to the appointed time, and park in close proximity. If you have a "refuse assembly device" (stick with a nail in the end), please bring it along. Wear appropriate clothing (boots are great because the grass will be very wet.), and bring gloves. Bags and vests will be provided. We will assemble, at the Golden Corral on Bobby Jones Pkwy, afterward for an opportunity to meet and discuss future events.

If members would like to go out to the range (on our farm), we can do that. I'm hoping the participants will seize this opportunity to start a regional organization of GeorgiaCarry.org. The range will need work in the spring. :wink: We need, and could benefit from local camaraderie. I may not want to do the highway project, gun shows, meet and greets, and the business cards forever. Help will be most appreciated!

2. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Desperation :bump: I have a couple of volunteers. We can use a dozen more! Let's do GCO proud, while packin' along Riverwatch. We'll have our stretch clean for the holidays, and we will have completed our sixth pick-up. We're well up on other teams which have struggled to get their first or second under their belts. :mrgreen:

3. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

With the lack of support I wouldn't want to do it at all. :sly:

4. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

I don't know what you're talking about. I get plenty of support. I get anything I ask for. 'm just getting older. :oldtimer:

5. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

We have several participating, but could use more bodies. Come on gang, and let's enjoy an early morning walk in the fall!