Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that on my GWL that my address is listed ____ _____ Road, when it is actually _____ _____ Cir.

Has anyone else had this happen? Do I have to notify the probate court?

Mine was a "renewal" :lol: , I just didn't notice until today (received in the mail last Friday). Will this actually matter? I checked my old GFL, and it was correct. Thanks for any input...

·
I watch the watchers
12,886 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it unless you're planning on being arrested for a criminal act.

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
I'd only worry about it if it really bothers you. If it was their fault, they might do it free. Or you could pay $6 for a replacement.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
You can skip all over the state, and it won't make any difference what your address reads. The important thing is that you can prove Georgia residency.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I'll never hear " Sir, your address doesn't match..." :panic: :dtmb:

I wouldn't worry about it unless you're planning on being arrested for a criminal act
Hasn't ever made my to-do list :lol:

·
I watch the watchers
12,886 Posts
I don't weigh what it says on my Driver's License, I flat out lied to them on it.

Let 'em come and get me for making a false statement.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
My 1st GWL they put my birthday as 1971, suppose to be 1981.

I used that GWL until we bought our new house, then went in to get it updated along with new address.

Columbia County didn't charge me for the new GWL cause of the age error. :righton:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
I'd only worry about it if it really bothers you. If it was their fault, they might do it free. Or you could pay $6 for a replacement.
I rather eveything be 110% correct no issues I would fix it

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
Tech5 said:
I rather eveything be 110% correct...
I believe that is a mathematical impossibility. Therefore, if everything were "110% correct" it would obviously be fraudulent.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

how about 99.99999%

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Fulton county misspelled GA on mine! I did not notice it for a year and no one has said anything when I have used it as a NICS alternative. The state is simply the letter "A" :lol:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,691 Posts
If your license has the wrong address on it, you have move to that address and live there until the expiration date on your license.
Really. I looked up the law on this.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
gunsmoker said:
If your license has the wrong address on it, you have move to that address and live there until the expiration date on your license.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gunsmoker said:
Yes, I was informed of this law and we complied. We're living in an imaginary house at an imaginary address
The neighbors are nice, though...

·
Senior Mumbler
6,671 Posts
gunsmoker said:
:exactly: :rotfl2:
frankr said:
Fulton county misspelled GA on mine! I did not notice it for a year and no one has said anything when I have used it as a NICS alternative. The state is simply the letter "A" :lol:
They did this so our State would come up first in the list of State abbreviations. Actually, it's not "A", but in fact "A " (with a space) so that no state can undercut us by using "AA".

:shattered:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts