• TDA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DA revolver

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I carry a Taurus PT 140 (internal hammer, I *think* DAO) with one in the pipe at all times.

If it's in the holster, the safety's off. If it's tucked IWB with the hipgrip, the safety's on.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gsusnake said:
I carry a Taurus PT 140 (internal hammer, I *think* DAO) with one in the pipe at all times.

If it's in the holster, the safety's off. If it's tucked IWB with the hipgrip, the safety's on.
Is this the pistol that you have?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Glock "Safe Action"

But I personally prefer a single-action trigger pull.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
legacy38 said:
gsusnake said:

Yes, except mine's stainless.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gsusnake said:
legacy38 said:
gsusnake said:

Yes, except mine's stainless.
The info on the link says that it is DA/SA. Does it have a decock mechanism of some sort?

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's DA/SA...but it's all internal hammer. No Decock except by pulling the trigger. Taurus has a weird trigger mechanism on the Millenium Pro's. First trigger pull is heavier than the rest I've noticed.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rajl said:
It's DA/SA...but it's all internal hammer. No Decock except by pulling the trigger. Taurus has a weird trigger mechanism on the Millenium Pro's. First trigger pull is heavier than the rest I've noticed.
So you have a heavier DA first pull with a shorter/lighter pull from reset? If you let the trigger fully extend does it go back to the heavier pull?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I really needed to vote twice.

I usually carry my PA-63 9MM Makarov which is double action. But, I also frequently carry a S&W model 60 revolver in .357.

So, I wasn't sure how to vote, but I did.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Didn't vote. Because it depends on which gun I'm carrying. :)

If the 1911, then "Cocked & Locked".

If my E. German Makarov, then it is both DA (first trigger pull) and then SA (all subsequent trigger pulls).

So...there ya go...

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I voted DAO/safe action as I am most commonly carrying a Glock of some description or a S&W 642. I also carry a TDA a good bit.

I own a 1911 but don't carry it.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Primary: DAO Semi-Auto

Backup: Single Action Revolver

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
legacy38 said:
rajl said:
So you have a heavier DA first pull with a shorter/lighter pull from reset? If you let the trigger fully extend does it go back to the heavier pull?
With the Taurus 24/7 line of pistols, they all have a manual thumb safety. By engaging the manual safety in the safe(up) position (a click is heard and felt), it decocks the striker, returning the trigger mechanism to a long-pull conventional double-action mode. If there is a bad round in the chamber, and it will not fire, when you rack the slide the trigger will remain in short pull. It will not go back to the long pull until either the manual safety is engaged or the slide locks back after the mag is emptied.

·
68,972 Posts
Truhdishunowl Dubble Akshun - i.e., DA on furst shot, seengal akshun on secund shot

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
Rammstein said:
Glock "Safe Action"

But I personally prefer a single-action trigger pull.
+1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts