Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
41 - 60 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well despite my lack of sleep, jaw pain and family issues going on we pulled off another somewhat successful shoot. I thought it was fun even though the computer kept acting confused. :lol:

Rick (the owner) threw in an old kevlar vest to shoot at and that made things really interesting. (Seeing the vest respond to multiple hits from various calibers was AWESOME!)

To the guys that made it out thank you and throw out any suggestions you have for scenarios because my little mind is only capapble of so much thought. I have like 3 brain cells left and I need 2 to breathe so hook a brother up. :wink:

The next one is the 2nd saturday in March. It will have some LOW LIGHT/FLASHLIGHT involved so that much I have planned so far. :shattered:

And for those that didn't make it :neener:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
mathar1 said:
It will have some LOW LIGHT/FLASHLIGHT involved
flashlights are so..... UN-tactical. giving away your position in the dark is never beneficial.......

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
308sniper said:
mathar1 said:
flashlights are so..... UN-tactical. giving away your position in the dark is never beneficial.......
Shooting a family member or friend that comes over late at night un-announced isn't very tactical either. You need to ALWAYS identify what you are shooting at. :p

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
mathar1 said:
308sniper said:
mathar1 said:
Shooting a family member or friend that comes over late at night un-announced isn't very tactical either.
all the people i know, they know better than to come in my house at night. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
703 Posts
jwhunt said:
308sniper said:
mathar1 said:
Strobes!!!!! :righton:
Hmmmm, now that would make it interesting. Simulate a shooter in a night club. (Hope nobody has a seizure.) What time does this start?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Ga_Regul8r said:
jwhunt said:
308sniper said:
mathar1 said:
Strobes!!!!! :righton:
Hmmmm, now that would make it interesting. Simulate a shooter in a night club. (Hope nobody has a seizure.) What time does this start?
i believe i would start (trying) to breakdance in the range.............

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
mathar1 said:
The next one is the 2nd saturday in March. It will have some LOW LIGHT/FLASHLIGHT involved so that much I have planned so far. :shattered:
I called Patrick's a little while ago and this is on for tonight, 6pm.

Have a light, about 60 rounds of ammo, handgun, holster, reloading devices to support the handgun you'll be using, plus eye/ear pro as usual.

And for those that didn't make it :neener:
Ugh... this includes me.. :(

I'm looking forward to tonight, though! :D

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
How in the heck did I miss this thread until now!?

Too short notice for me too make it tonight, but I will do my best to make sure I make it to the next one.

I've never done any formal move and shoot stuff other than on friends/family's property for fun so I would love to get in on this.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
dcannon1 said:
How in the heck did I miss this thread until now!?

Too short notice for me too make it tonight, but I will do my best to make sure I make it to the next one.

I've never done any formal move and shoot stuff other than on friends/family's property for fun so I would love to get in on this.
Yeah... I was slow to catch onto this when it first started, but I made up for that tonight! :D ( I even noticed some big ol' guy tryin' out a recently aquired SIG 1911, too. :wink: )

Pretty good shoot tonight. Three, ( or four?? :? ) different stages, ( a mozambique drill warm up preceeded the stages of fire ) with a good variety of requirements for each stage, ie: arms length engagement, then transitioning to multiple targets at slightly greater distances, flashlight engagements, long distance, moving targets, and engaging targets on the move toward the target. Reloading was part of every drill, as well.

Challenging and interesting, for sure! :eek: 8)

Thank you to Matt and crew at Patrick's for setting up and hosting this! :righton: =D> :righton: An excellent, ( and rare ) chance to get in some realistic handgun training. :righton:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I may need a kevlar vest after this shoot. All the shooters had this evil smile/grin like they were wondering how I would look as their moving target! :lol:

Honestly though I did pick some incredibly HARD courses of fire to challenge everybody. You never know what you can do with a pistol until you try and honestly there was some damned good shooting tonight. (Of course it wasn't me but there REALLY was some :wink: )

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
mathar1 said:
I may need a kevlar vest after this shoot. All the shooters had this evil smile/grin like they were wondering how I would look as their moving target! :lol:

Honestly though I did pick some incredibly HARD courses of fire to challenge everybody. You never know what you can do with a pistol until you try and honestly there was some damned good shooting tonight. (Of course it wasn't me but there REALLY was some :wink: )
Really sorry I couldn't stay for this ya'll.

·
Just a Man
6,084 Posts
Ok, I offically dislike shooting in the dark with a flashlight and having to do a mag change. :shattered:

I had lots of fun guys. I hope to see you in another two weeks.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
sorry i didnt make it. i had to come home after work to get ready for my pig hunting trip tomorrow. im leaving the house at 3am. good night fellers.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks like Descent got some camera time, he must be famous by now.

I wish I could remember these things, I would have liked to come out.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Dinnertime said:
Looks like Descent got some camera time, he must be famous by now.

I wish I could remember these things, I would have liked to come out.
:oops: :shattered:

I'm got to get a full size 9mm if I'm going to continue to do these. I guess I should be doing my part to remind you, too.

41 - 60 of 357 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.