Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
21 - 40 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Well, ya'll missed out on a good time tonight. Had a great time shooting with some good people. We shot several different scenarios. (Think IDPA without all the rules) Everything went down smoothly and I can't wait till we get to do this again.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

SilentGhost said:
Well, ya'll missed out on a good time tonight. Had a great time shooting with some good people. We shot several different scenarios. (Think IDPA without all the rules) Everything went down smoothly and I can't wait till we get to do this again.
Thanks for coming up Bro! We have VIDEO proof of concept for the owner and he seemed excited about it. We went on the fly last night but the next one will be fully orchestrated.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

If anyone is interested in how it looked/worled I have some facebook video's up on my profile page. Just shoot me a friend request and I will go with it so you can see them.

Oh..look for Matt Harrell on face book (my profile pic is of a horse's head)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

mathar1 said:
If anyone is interested in how it looked/worled I have some facebook video's up on my profile page. Just shoot me a friend request and I will go with it so you can see them.

Oh..look for Matt Harrell on face book (my profile pic is of a horse's head)
Yeah we had a great time. Ya'll should come out if you can. From the videos, I can see that I have some things to work on....

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We are in BUSINESS! Saturday night 5:45 or so to register. There will be a safety brief and anyone we are unsure of will get a side instruction. EVERYONE will sign a range waiver..bring what you have. We have ammo and some ear and eye pro if you need it.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
mathar1 said:
We are in BUSINESS! Saturday night 5:45 or so to register. There will be a safety brief and anyone we are unsure of will get a side instruction. EVERYONE will sign a range waiver..bring what you have. We have ammo and some ear and eye pro if you need it.
Those that didn't make it out last time, you really should come out if at all possible, we had a really good time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
mathar1 said:
Sorry I missed the first one. No way to make it back from the civic center in time. Should be good to go this Saturday. IDPA in the morning, Patrick's in the evening. What count be better? BTW, what's the expected round count?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
jwhunt said:
mathar1 said:
Sorry I missed the first one. No way to make it back from the civic center in time. Should be good to go this Saturday. IDPA in the morning, Patrick's in the evening. What count be better? BTW, what's the expected round count?
It will be fairly low (about 60 or so) because everyone will have shot IDPA and not have much ammo! LOL

I am working 3 stages...with some basic stuff (for the newer shooters) and some moving shoot throughs for the advanced. There is NO scoring and a timer will be there so people can see their own times for their own benefit. This is all about fun and breaking out of the "in the lane shooting bulls eye targets" that we are all so tired of.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
mathar1 said:
This is all about fun and breaking out of the "in the lane shooting bulls eye targets" that we are all so tired of.
im not tired of it :?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well...that didn't go so well. At least the three of us that shot had some fun. And we had 3 observers. I will try again two weeks from today. Make it the 2nd and 4th saturday nights. The next shoot will be interesting because we will be shooting kevlar vests for fun and effect. :wink:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
descent said:
I appreciated the hospitality. I'll definitely join in on the next go 'round. :cheers:
Next time you HAVE to shoot. Like I said it is laid back and fun with some interesting twists thrown in for fun. No scores and no pressure...just fun.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
sorry i didnt make it matt, but we didnt make it back from atlanta in time. i WILL be there next time!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ok we are setting up for Saturday. Standard Mozambique required for every shooter every time. The whatever my devious mind can come up with. For anyone interested in what a shot up kevlar vest looks like..come out and help us shoot one and you will know. :righton:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
i plan to be there as long as work doesnt get in the way AGAIN :sly:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
i managed to get the day off work tomorrow. ill be there early, and im gonna bring my kimber out to play :twisted:

21 - 40 of 357 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.