Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Count me in, Matt! 8)

I know of at least two or three friends of mine who'd also jump at this.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

Puffyfish said:
Patricks indoor range, Garden City.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

This'll be a great opportunity to do some drawing from the holster, shootin' and movin', use of cover, etc. And right here in around Savannah, too! :D

I'm really looking forward to this Matt! 8)

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

Any new word on this yet, Matt?

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
mathar1 said:
The next one is the 2nd saturday in March. It will have some LOW LIGHT/FLASHLIGHT involved so that much I have planned so far. :shattered:
I called Patrick's a little while ago and this is on for tonight, 6pm.

Have a light, about 60 rounds of ammo, handgun, holster, reloading devices to support the handgun you'll be using, plus eye/ear pro as usual.

And for those that didn't make it :neener:
Ugh... this includes me.. :(

I'm looking forward to tonight, though! :D

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
dcannon1 said:
How in the heck did I miss this thread until now!?

Too short notice for me too make it tonight, but I will do my best to make sure I make it to the next one.

I've never done any formal move and shoot stuff other than on friends/family's property for fun so I would love to get in on this.
Yeah... I was slow to catch onto this when it first started, but I made up for that tonight! :D ( I even noticed some big ol' guy tryin' out a recently aquired SIG 1911, too. :wink: )

Pretty good shoot tonight. Three, ( or four?? :? ) different stages, ( a mozambique drill warm up preceeded the stages of fire ) with a good variety of requirements for each stage, ie: arms length engagement, then transitioning to multiple targets at slightly greater distances, flashlight engagements, long distance, moving targets, and engaging targets on the move toward the target. Reloading was part of every drill, as well.

Challenging and interesting, for sure! :eek: 8)

Thank you to Matt and crew at Patrick's for setting up and hosting this! :righton: =D> :righton: An excellent, ( and rare ) chance to get in some realistic handgun training. :righton:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Yeah.. I gotta do a 'wave off' on this next one. :(

I've used up all of my kitchen passes for this month. :shattered: :lol:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Yes... a good question. :)

While I might not be able to make it every time, I'd still like to hit this up as often as possible. 8)

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
mathar1 said:
Next one is on saturday the 9th. Anyone want to give me some ideas for some stages? Or do you want to leave it up to me again? I can pull a few more Todd Jarrett varying shooting distance scenarios out. Or we could do some more low light? :twisted:
Those will work. Multiple targets, carjack scenarios, low light, etc. Lay it on us, Matt! :righton:

I'll be there.. and hopefully bring a friend or two along as well.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Damn skippy I'll be there! :righton:

Might even get a friend or two out there, also.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
So guys, is everything a go for tonight?

6pm still?

Any hints on what we'll be doing or what we'll need?

Will I need to get my hair did? :shattered: :lol:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Had a good time tonight! :)

My shooting was kinda lousy though. :( :oops: I really need to invest in much more range time with my S&W1911ES.

It was great seeing TM again, as well as meeting dcannon1 and Mrs. Mathar1 for the first time. 8) Mathar1, 175FO and crew from Patricks joined in the with the rest of us, too.

As always, this was a great training opportunity for all of us. Major kudos to Matt and crew at Patricks for setting these range sessions up. :righton:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Thanks for posting these, TM! :righton:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
mathar1 said:
next shoot will be the 2nd saturday in August. I will bring t-shirt targets and break out another kevlar vest for fun. I am going to add one low light stage to EVERY shoot....so be forewarned. :twisted:
This shoot still on track for this week?

Got a friend joining in this time. 8)

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
:shock: :oops:

Whoops! Looks like I goofed up.. :lol:

Guess I'm just eager to get out there and get some good training again. 8) :righton:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
The way I was shootin' last time, I almost reached for my BUG a few times! :wink: :lol:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
mathar1 said:
ARMT Guy said:
The way I was shootin' last time, I almost reached for my BUG a few times! :wink: :lol:
That's cause you didn't get your hair and nails did! :lol:
#-o :shattered:

:lol:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
This Action Shoot was great, guys! :righton: Thanks to everyone who put it together. :)

Guess I'll have to find a new IWB rig for my EMP, additional mags and a back up rubber mallet. :oops: :p :lol:

Aside from those two rounds of GA Arms that didn't want to cooperate, my pistol ran fine and it dealt well with evil Matt's stages. :p I think I'm improving a bit with mag changes on the low light stage.

It was good to see such a large turn out for this shoot! :D For $20 bucks, this kind of training time can't be beat. :righton:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Thanks 175FO for taking these videos and posting them all. :righton:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
I'm hearing that there's some pretty tough stages for the next shoot on the 10th of Sept.. :wink: 8)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.