Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to talk to the owner about doing some ON RANGE move and shoot on Friday or Saturday nights. I am hoping to get a 6pm start time with the shooter paying $20 to cover lane fee and target costs. We will close the range as a line shoot and open it up to do shooting/moving scenarios. Any interest?

I chose friday or saturday evening because most people are off and we can only do this with the range closed.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Dinnertime said:
Really depends on the type of shoot/scenario for me.
I was plannin to do shoot/no shoot...multiple targets...shoot on the move. Just safety rules...no competition...maybe a timer if you want it...some low light/flashlight stuff but otherwise just fun action shooting. :righton:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Be here right before 6pm. First 10 shooters are IN everyone else has to watch. This is a TEST step for the owner so if you have zero or very little practice drawing from a holster...please watch THIS time. If we pull this off correctly then hopefully this will be an every saturday night affair. IDPA is great and has better target stuff but not everyone can get off that scheduled day of the month. This will give you 4 days a month of fun and hopefully interesting shoot and move. So if you CAN make it PLEASE do and help me to get this PROVEN and started for ALL of us.

Well let's face it...the guys and I at work do this every sunday anyway.....this is to let OTHERS get into some just seriously FUN shooting. :righton:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

SilentGhost said:
Well, ya'll missed out on a good time tonight. Had a great time shooting with some good people. We shot several different scenarios. (Think IDPA without all the rules) Everything went down smoothly and I can't wait till we get to do this again.
Thanks for coming up Bro! We have VIDEO proof of concept for the owner and he seemed excited about it. We went on the fly last night but the next one will be fully orchestrated.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

If anyone is interested in how it looked/worled I have some facebook video's up on my profile page. Just shoot me a friend request and I will go with it so you can see them.

Oh..look for Matt Harrell on face book (my profile pic is of a horse's head)

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We are in BUSINESS! Saturday night 5:45 or so to register. There will be a safety brief and anyone we are unsure of will get a side instruction. EVERYONE will sign a range waiver..bring what you have. We have ammo and some ear and eye pro if you need it.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
jwhunt said:
mathar1 said:
We are in BUSINESS! Saturday night 5:45 or so to register. There will be a safety brief and anyone we are unsure of will get a side instruction. EVERYONE will sign a range waiver..bring what you have. We have ammo and some ear and eye pro if you need it.
Sorry I missed the first one. No way to make it back from the civic center in time. Should be good to go this Saturday. IDPA in the morning, Patrick's in the evening. What count be better? BTW, what's the expected round count?
It will be fairly low (about 60 or so) because everyone will have shot IDPA and not have much ammo! LOL

I am working 3 stages...with some basic stuff (for the newer shooters) and some moving shoot throughs for the advanced. There is NO scoring and a timer will be there so people can see their own times for their own benefit. This is all about fun and breaking out of the "in the lane shooting bulls eye targets" that we are all so tired of.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well...that didn't go so well. At least the three of us that shot had some fun. And we had 3 observers. I will try again two weeks from today. Make it the 2nd and 4th saturday nights. The next shoot will be interesting because we will be shooting kevlar vests for fun and effect. :wink:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
descent said:
I appreciated the hospitality. I'll definitely join in on the next go 'round. :cheers:
Next time you HAVE to shoot. Like I said it is laid back and fun with some interesting twists thrown in for fun. No scores and no pressure...just fun.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ok we are setting up for Saturday. Standard Mozambique required for every shooter every time. The whatever my devious mind can come up with. For anyone interested in what a shot up kevlar vest looks like..come out and help us shoot one and you will know. :righton:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well despite my lack of sleep, jaw pain and family issues going on we pulled off another somewhat successful shoot. I thought it was fun even though the computer kept acting confused. :lol:

Rick (the owner) threw in an old kevlar vest to shoot at and that made things really interesting. (Seeing the vest respond to multiple hits from various calibers was AWESOME!)

To the guys that made it out thank you and throw out any suggestions you have for scenarios because my little mind is only capapble of so much thought. I have like 3 brain cells left and I need 2 to breathe so hook a brother up. :wink:

The next one is the 2nd saturday in March. It will have some LOW LIGHT/FLASHLIGHT involved so that much I have planned so far. :shattered:

And for those that didn't make it :neener:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
308sniper said:
mathar1 said:
It will have some LOW LIGHT/FLASHLIGHT involved
flashlights are so..... UN-tactical. giving away your position in the dark is never beneficial.......
Shooting a family member or friend that comes over late at night un-announced isn't very tactical either. You need to ALWAYS identify what you are shooting at. :p

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I may need a kevlar vest after this shoot. All the shooters had this evil smile/grin like they were wondering how I would look as their moving target! :lol:

Honestly though I did pick some incredibly HARD courses of fire to challenge everybody. You never know what you can do with a pistol until you try and honestly there was some damned good shooting tonight. (Of course it wasn't me but there REALLY was some :wink: )

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
BTT for a reminder that tomorrow night is the next shoot. looks like the qualifier and 4 stages for the night. There will be moving shooting and moving reloads so any new guys may want to watch this match and shoot the next one. :wink:

I might throw in another flashlight stage since everyone loved it so much (and face we all need the practice). :lol:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
NOTICE..we are having a slight problem with the range so there will be NO SHOOT tonight! I am having the AC guys come in at 6 and fix the problem so we can be open regular hours tomorrow.

NO SHOOT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Next one is on saturday the 9th. With 4th of July holiday weekend there are too many people out of town/family in town or just plain getting drunk to bother this weekend. Anyone want to give me some ideas for some stages? Or do you want to leave it up to me again? I can pull a few more Todd Jarrett varying shooting distance scenarios out. Or we could do some more low light? :twisted:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Just another reminder we are on for Saturday evening. I have fought like hell to get and keep these going so if you are at all interested then you need to show up at this one. The owner doesn't see the point or need but I KNOW how much fun they are and it is one of the few places in Savannah where we you get a chance to shoot and move.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
You will need to get your nails and hair did and bring a flashlight or weapon mounted light. Qualifier plus 4 stages including one low light.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
next shoot will be the 2nd saturday in August. I will bring t-shirt targets and break out another kevlar vest for fun. I am going to add one low light stage to EVERY shoot....so be forewarned. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.